Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody;

I am new to the forum, and i have just purchased a 2006 Cayman S.

I live in Canada and I purchased the car in California so i need to turn on the daytime running lights.... (pesky Canadian law).

Do I need to take it to the dealer or is this something that I can do myself?

The car hace PCM 2.1 I don't know if that makes a difference or not..

Thanks in advance.

Brett

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you want to read the manual before you get the car (I did) there is a PDF version in the Files section of this site. The added benefit of that, if you are getting it through a dealer, is less time for the salesman to go over the car with you and more time driving.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome. In addition to studying teh owner's manual, I would suggest a mini-vacation after you get your car. I did and drove home several hundred miles alter truly smitten with the car. And I am still smitten. Ed

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought mine from New York and asked the U.S. dealer to turn on the lights and change the digital speedometer to show KM/hr. No charge.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My manual (05 Box) says that you can only get to the "light menu" for the "day run light" option, if you have the "individual memory" option...

The "indiv memory" screen allows you access to:

Light (day run lights, fade-out times, orientation lights)
Wiper
Climate
Lock
Factory setting

on PCM 2.1

I don't have this option, so can these be configured with PIWIS?

Thanks,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Help, Daytime running lights

Hey Everyone;

I picked up my 2006 Cayman today and low and behold, no manuals. I am trying to get the running lights running.

Would some be able to post the instructions until I get the manuals which I have ordered thru Porsche?

2006 Cayman S
PCM 2.1
Navi

Thanks

Brett

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
Re: Help, Daytime running lights

You can download the manuals from our files section. They are required reading.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks for the reply, but i cant seem to find anything about turning on the running lights..

Brett

·
Registered
6,829 Posts

Thanks for the reply, but i cant seem to find anything about turning on the running lights..

Brett
That's because you need the PCM manual, which is a separate book. Not sure if there's one in the files section or not - take a look... if not, you'll need to go to a dealer to have them show you, or you can see if you can find a PCM manual on eBay or some other source.

brad

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Thanks everyone, i figured it out. Nothing to it. Took about 2 minutes. saved the $140.00 that the dealer wanted..

Brett

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
996 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the memory settings only come with those vehicles with PCM AND Sport Chrono. There is material in the manual on personal settings but that menu is not available on my car (which doesn't have Sport Chrono).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks,

In that case, I don't have that option either. I don't recall seeing too many Porsches in the US with daytime lights on....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts