Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else doing TT4C on Saturday? I think its the last one of the season for our area....

For those interested I got a credit from them for next season as they are discounting the final day (I paid a few weeks ago.) I think its like $175 - get 7, 20 minute sessions.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Track Time for Cars. Its solo / advanced drivers only (kind of like Precision Track Time.)

Both groups give you a ton of track time for the dollar, but also are super limited on the number of instructors as they are structured with the advanced driver in mind.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
What do you guys do for insurance at NJMP? I've read the threads on track insurance on P-9 but wanted to know about specifics for this track. I contacted my insurance and there is no way they would insure me for a HPDE at NJMP.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I use Lockton Affinity Porsche Club of America | Lockton Motorsports Official Partner The last 3 years I have had a 9 event package which included several visits to NJMP. Prior to using the package, I purchased single event coverage from them to cover events at NJMP. NJMP has good run-off in most areas and I've seen much less damage there then WGI or SP. Lockton just announced that you can buy coverage up till 8:00 a.m. of the day of your event.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you guys do for insurance at NJMP? I've read the threads on track insurance on P-9 but wanted to know about specifics for this track. I contacted my insurance and there is no way they would insure me for a HPDE at NJMP.
Some orgs will allow you to buy it the day of - not sure if they have either policies available or someone there at the track (never purchased it, but heard it advertised during the drivers meetings.)

According to a lawyer friend of mine who does DE's the way the Amica auto insurance policies are written they will cover DE's (not TT's or racing)

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Some orgs will allow you to buy it the day of - not sure if they have either policies available or someone there at the track (never purchased it, but heard it advertised during the drivers meetings.)

According to a lawyer friend of mine who does DE's the way the Amica auto insurance policies are written they will cover DE's (not TT's or racing)
Thanks for the info. I checked Porsche Club of America | Lockton Motorsports Official Partner and ran the quote and it was $535 for me (first DE) for a single day. Ouch.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I checked Porsche Club of America | Lockton Motorsports Official Partner and ran the quote and it was $535 for me (first DE) for a single day. Ouch.
Yeah I won't express my opinion so as not to jynx myself. Like someone mentioned above the track has a lot to do with it. NJMP has a lot of run off, while Watkins has lots of armco. On your first DE, I really wouldn't concern myself with it as long as its with the PCA. They run a very controlled and safe DE. Perfect place to intro to track driving.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Anyone else doing TT4C on Saturday? I think its the last one of the season for our area....

For those interested I got a credit from them for next season as they are discounting the final day (I paid a few weeks ago.) I think its like $175 - get 7, 20 minute sessions.
Low of 27 tonight, high of 43 tomorrow. It's gonna be a little chilly for a track day, especially in the morning!

Have fun though. For me, the season's over :(

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Low of 27 tonight, high of 43 tomorrow. It's gonna be a little chilly for a track day, especially in the morning!

Have fun though. For me, the season's over :(
It was cold, but still managed. Although I ripped my splitter off at the beginning of the second session (long story) which ended my day/season. Time for a cage :) to go racing next year.

I believe that Lockton's charge is per event, 1 day or 3 day, same premium.
Yeah I asked about it when I was there. Was quoted 6 events coverage for $1300.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts