Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Right i am absoloutely rubbish with tools etc....so im not even going to try....is there anyone in the kent area (or near ish as im happy to drive anywhere..) who could do it for me in exchange for a little cash?

dont really trust myself to do it! so i think it would be better in the hands of someone who has already done it.

cheers

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Be sure to ask for a desnorkeling job. A good mechanic should be able to do it in well under 2 Hrs. Adding a trash or cigarette butt screen over the intake area inside is also a very good idea. Some people just drill a bunch of 3/8" holes in the deflector plate and leave it in. I haven't done a desnork yet because I'm concerned about splashed road water and trash being inhaled into my plenum area. I know the air filter is the last resort to foreign matter ingestion but it's really not a water or rubbish blocker.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
It is really simple to do and if you follow the article on it and take your time you should have no problems. I did mine the other day and cut up a bird feeder for the black mesh off of it as I couldn't find anything else at hardware stores here!

I wrapped my mesh around the sides/back of the intake mouth to make sure it stayed in place and then made sure to pull the seal out all the way round when reinstalling.

Go on give it a go....... :cheers:

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I just did a partial desnork on my Cayman. I drilled out a couple of dozen 5/16" holes in the deflector plate around the snorkel tube area and put the plate back in. I figured this ventilated plate will breath better and keep out any splashed water, etc. I can really hear the induction sound from my V-flow air filter much more now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.