Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my dream car, a 2007 Cayman S, Lapis Blue, Certified Pre-Owned, 19049 miles. I had been shopping for Caymans for over a year. Tracking prices on my blog, Lizard's Lair: 2007 Porsche Cayman S, Lapis Blue - It's mine!

Things finally came together for me and I had a budget and months of research to help. I had narrowed my focus to 2007 Cayman S with CPO warranty and had saved my car last month to my Autotrader list. It was originally listed at $43000. The price dropped to $39990. Options on the car are:

$3070 Lapis Blue Metallic
$ 550 Automatic Climate Control
$ 650 6 disc CD Changer
$2190 Preferred Package, which includes
Wheel Caps with Colored Crest,
Self-Dim Mirrors & Rain Sensor,
Heated Front Seats,
BOSE Surround Sound System and
Floor Mats Interior Color.

It's MSRP came to $66220. I offered $35000. I told him I had a preapproved loan for $38000 and I was ready to buy a car for that total amount. The sales manager figured out sales tax and license total of $38975. I told him I would write a check for the difference and couldn't do more.

To my shock and almost disbelief, he said yes and we had a deal!

I picked the car up last night and drove it home through the rain and traffic on Los Angeles freeways. I'm so pumped up and happy to own my first Porsche and a car that fit just about all my greatest wishes.

I've been a member here for a few months, reading and learning from all the great posters. I think I will keep up my price watch on Caymans on my blog and am willing to help anyone find the car of their dreams!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Congratz! That's an great deal in the la area (even as listed). I was wondering how long it would be there. Beautiful car. Enjoy! :cheers:

...Now if they just drop the price on the Malechite green one...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congratulation on a beautiful car. I'm putting cash in my toy fund and hope to get a Cayman sometime in six months. Thanks for sharing your purchasing experience.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on your new car. She is a beauty.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Congratulations! This is the only car that has keep my interest after 4 years. May you enjoy your for many happy rides.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Congratulations! This is the only car that has keep my interest after 4 years. May you enjoy your for many happy rides.
That is a good point. I have had my 2006 CS for four years now, and it is still just as thrilling for me to drive it as the day I drove it off the lot. It continues to be a fantastic source of pleasure and excitement.

Congrats to the OP. A beautiful color, and I am sure you will find this to be one of the best decisions you have ever made. A gift to yourself that keeps on giving!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts