21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Then don't discuss intelligently.
I'm not going to argue with you. I'm not even sure what your latest comment means. My point seems clear. You've said nothing to back up your position. If you think something is overpriced, don't buy it. If you don't like Porsches, don't stay on the forum. As I said, value is subjective. If you think the 992 isn't for you, you don't purchase it - simple solution. Plenty of people do see the value of the car and they will buy it, you don't have to buy it.

Looking at your prior posts you simply appear to have had a bad experience with your own car and are now a disgruntled poster. That's fine and you are free to feel anyway you want. The OP said he wanted to sell his car and buy a 992. Obviously, he feels the car is worth the price. You don't, so be it. I pointed out that the 992 is not even close to being the most expensive Porsche car out there right now - is that a non-intelligent observation? The GT4 starts at a higher price than a base Carrera - non-intelligent to you? The Spyder costs more than a base Carrera - non-intelligent to you?

I hope this clarifies my position to you. Every Porsche can be optioned to a much higher price than base - that's the Porsche model, a la carte pricing. Yes you can take any Porsche and add an incredible amount of options - $5000 radios, full leather, ceramic brakes. The idea is to make the car what you want. I don’t need the radio, full leather, colored seatbelts or a lot of other things. I can add every option I want on a 992 and basically hit about $110k, not cheap but that’s the beauty of the pricing scheme. I could easily cut more things and be out the door at much less.

There are plenty of cheaper cars out there and, if you think the car is overpriced, you simply buy something else.

I hope this clarifies my comments to you. It seemed very simple to me. If you think something is overpriced, you don't buy it. As to me, I’m done replying to you and hope the thread can be returned to the OP.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Small things like this happen to essentially utilitarian objects in the physical world. This is not a Rothko left at MOMA for maintenance. It is a big deal only if you choose to make it one, and, I submit, with all due respect, it is only a big deal to you.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I think Michael's message is "if you think it's over price - don't buy it" x5

21 - 25 of 25 Posts