Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
last race, 1958 AD
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my oil yesterday and wanted to see what the guage would read with the oil drained. It showed the small bottom bar flashing. Fine. I then refilled with seven quarts and checked again, expecting to see some higher reading. Probably foggy thinking but, at .4 quarts per bar, I thought some amount above empty should show. No change. After driving a bit and also turning the key on three times (things that have reset other folk's computers as reported here in the past) I resorted to a trip to my dealer, Hoehn Porsche in Carlsbad.
The service manager patiently listened to my story, repositioned the car to level ground, checked the reading, added a quart of Mobil1, which brought it to one bar down, and shook my hand. No charge.
This is not the first time these guys have gone above and beyond and I recommend them highly.
Its not my intention to start a rehash of oil guage/level/owner stupidity topics but to show that, if nothing else, Hoehn is really trying.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
ed1,
glad to see you're still driving that glorious looking yellow Cayman
somehow I thought you sold it
responded to your PM
the old farts are alive and well in central TX

·
last race, 1958 AD
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Papa---Will answer here since anyone selling a Cayman is of general interest.
Did advertise some time ago but got zero response and am happy to still
have the car.
A few old farts here too, but this far south I'm thinking of starting a San Diego
octogenerian region...nothing happening anyway.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Surprising... coming from the dealership that quoted me $430 for the 2 year service, plus an additional $190 for the brake fluid swap. Pass.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I know what you mean. I have a 997.2 C2S and the engine seems to burn about a quart of oil every now and then for the first few thousand miles. The dealer where I BOUGHT my car (Rockville Porsche) wanted to charge me for the quart... but on my way home from work I passed by Porsche of Tysons and they did it for free. Can you guess which dealer is going to earn my service business from now own?

Sometimes it's the small things that can make a big difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.