Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm most likely going to have to order a '11 Cayman S in order to get the right color and options I'd like, so I'm wondering how much dealers will negotiate on the price of an order vs. a car that is already produced and at a dealer in the states?
how much off MSRP have you all been able to deal for a Cayman S?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any thoughts?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the information! I'd like to get ~8% off a custom order, but it looks like that may be pushing it.
I've seen some members mention they've received about 10% off cars that are already produced and sitting on the dealer lot, so I'm guessing they would be more negotiable than an order--of course with an order you get exactly what you want (as was mentioned), so I guess that's worth it in the end

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm most likely going to have to order a '11 Cayman S in order to get the right color and options I'd like, so I'm wondering how much dealers will negotiate on the price of an order vs. a car that is already produced and at a dealer in the states?
how much off MSRP have you all been able to deal for a Cayman S?
Or you can private message me and get my 82k 2010 very well optioned GT Silver Full cocoa leather Cayman S for around 68k Also has full speed film. That was another $1,400 or so. My 2011 911 S will be completed on June 23rd and here in late July. Not hit 5,000 miles yet and it is a perfect car. Just had to have that 911S I build all of my cars and they are very loaded so this Cayman is a deal. Let me know if you want to discuss this. Happy to give you a call and review all of the details.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Or you can private message me and get my 82k 2010 very well optioned GT Silver Full cocoa leather Cayman S for around 68k Also has full speed film. That was another $1,400 or so. My 2011 911 S will be completed on June 23rd and here in late July. Not hit 5,000 miles yet and it is a perfect car. Just had to have that 911S I build all of my cars and they are very loaded so this Cayman is a deal. Let me know if you want to discuss this. Happy to give you a call and review all of the details.
I agree. That's a good deal on a very nice car, but only if the OP is interested in your specs. I think your Cayman is great.That Carrera S you've ordered must be something special!:cheers:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PDK is a must have for myself and I'm wanting a '11 for the steering wheel with paddles. Also, I'm leasing for tax reasons so it wouldn't work out
Thanks though!

·
Registered
389 Posts
PDK is a must have for myself and I'm wanting a '11 for the steering wheel with paddles. Also, I'm leasing for tax reasons so it wouldn't work out
Thanks though!
My pleasure. PDk is pretty nice. I have always been a manual guy however did think about it for the 911. Too late to think about anymore now since my order is locked out and will be in production soon. Good luck with your new ride. You will love the Cayman!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I agree. That's a good deal on a very nice car, but only if the OP is interested in your specs. I think your Cayman is great.That Carrera S you've ordered must be something special!:cheers:
From seeing your pic I think you will like my 911S Do not have all of the specs in front of me and I forget some of my options after I order unless it is in front of me. Here you go with what I can remember
Meteor Grey/Carrera Red full leather/deviated black carpets. Turbo 11 wheels that look awesome. The center or the wheel is a perfect match with Meteor. Carbon Fiber bits. including gear shift. AC vents painted MG then the trim around the AC vents are in leather. Mirror attach and air intake grill painted in MG. Will list all options asap. I do remember my option list came out to around 26k so this will be one hot 911.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
From seeing your pic I think you will like my 911S Do not have all of the specs in front of me and I forget some of my options after I order unless it is in front of me. Here you go with what I can remember
Meteor Grey/Carrera Red full leather/deviated black carpets. Turbo 11 wheels that look awesome. The center or the wheel is a perfect match with Meteor. Carbon Fiber bits. including gear shift. AC vents painted MG then the trim around the AC vents are in leather. Mirror attach and air intake grill painted in MG. Will list all options asap. I do remember my option list came out to around 26k so this will be one hot 911.
I like it ! Enjoy!:cheers:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like it ! Enjoy!:cheers:
Thanks Croctor! Do you love your MG? Funny I had not paid that much attention to MG before however when I have passed a MG Cayman or 911 I always think they look great! Went by the dealership yesterday and it is funny how when all the cars are lined up you cannot appreciate any of the colors as much as you can when they pull one out and it is by itself. I love the way MG looks when the sun hits it. So I paid an extra 3k for GT Silver on my Cayman and now think I like MG even better. Someone who love GT Silver will get it for free now when they buy my car. Cool for them...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Thanks Croctor! Do you love your MG? Funny I had not paid that much attention to MG before however when I have passed a MG Cayman or 911 I always think they look great! Went by the dealership yesterday and it is funny how when all the cars are lined up you cannot appreciate any of the colors as much as you can when they pull one out and it is by itself. I love the way MG looks when the sun hits it. So I paid an extra 3k for GT Silver on my Cayman and now think I like MG even better. Someone who love GT Silver will get it for free now when they buy my car. Cool for them...
I just happen to like grey cars. I also like the boldness of your red interior, but am not sure I could do it. Mine has full black leather interior,and sport seats with crests. Add in the PCM,SAT,Bose and IPOD connection and I'm very happy with the look. The price of all my options was similar to yours and IMHO worth every penny.Again, enjoy your new 911 and please post photos.:cheers:

BTW apologies to all for deviating the thread.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I just happen to like grey cars. I also like the boldness of your red interior, but am not sure I could do it. Mine has full black leather interior,and sport seats with crests. Add in the PCM,SAT,Bose and IPOD connection and I'm very happy with the look. The price of all my options was similar to yours and IMHO worth every penny.Again, enjoy your new 911 and please post photos.:cheers:

BTW apologies to all for deviating the thread.
Now that you told me what your options were it made me remember some more. Crest in headrest, logo on center console. rear console also in leather. steering column in leather, pasm is standard in 911. did add navigation as well. door entry is in carbon fiber also. After I did full leather in my Cayman it was the only way to go in the 911. I know you understand since you have full leather as well. Adds so much class with that stitching. I know that Carrera Red leather is not for everyone but I do love it. I have seen it in Basalt Black and in MG and it just pops. I could not have done it without the black carpets or it would be too much for me as well. Will post pics for sure.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Now that you told me what your options were it made me remember some more. Crest in headrest, logo on center console. rear console also in leather. steering column in leather, pasm is standard in 911. did add navigation as well. door entry is in carbon fiber also. After I did full leather in my Cayman it was the only way to go in the 911. I know you understand since you have full leather as well. Adds so much class with that stitching. I know that Carrera Red leather is not for everyone but I do love it. I have seen it in Basalt Black and in MG and it just pops. I could not have done it without the black carpets or it would be too much for me as well. Will post pics for sure.
i did do Bose and i pod as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.