Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still getting to know my new Cayman. It's been a positive experience so far. Car is simply mint. I have found 2 blemishes total. Both are repairable. 2mm mark on one of the seats and a slight door-ding on the right rear fender. That's it. Everything else is literally show-room floor condition.

Anyone know a person that purchased a base, Guards Red Cayman on 12/27/13 in Newport Coast, CA from Pacific Porsche? If so....please pass along my genuine thanks. He (or she?) took *amazing* care of the car and drove it like a baby. (Not even the door sills are scratched. Not. One. Scratch.) PO was averaging 25mpg. I'm averaging 14. :) Took her at-speed today up a fantastic road near my house. She had that new-car-oil-burn-off-smell thing going on. I was amazed. Didn't expect that.

She's going into a local Porsche dealer tomorrow for new oil (just to be safe) and a look over. Maybe some clear side markers if they are in stock. And THEN to Griots for a re-supply of a few things. Woohoo!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Same here, mine had two previous owners and they both took great car of the 981. The paint is flawless except two small rock chips that were covered up with touch up paint. I only noticed when I washed and dry it otherwise it's not noticeable. No swirls, no dents, the interior smells and looks brand new. The Audi dealer I brought it from told me the previous owner was in his mid 60's and only drove it on nice days. Car didn't have much miles on it, less than 8,000 when I brought it.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Good post. It is why the last two Caymans have been CPOs for me. If you shop around, you can get a car probably with more options than you would order new and a warranty that exceeds new (if it is a year or so old). As an example, the CR I had was 6 months old, had 5,800 miles on it, listed for $79K and had >$5,000 in customer adds (including XPel to A pillars, new Head Unit, laser radar, GT3 brake ducts, Rennline throttle pedal, grille guards, clear lights........). I paid $69K with the CPO of 6 years, 100,000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts