Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Rack has the Michelin Pilot Alpins on sale for $147, so I picked them up. I assumed getting them mounted and balanced would be under $100, but I was shocked to see it will be $150 to $200! This will be a non-trivial expenditure 2x a year.

My last car, an Audi TT, came with aftermarket POS rims. After hitting a curb, they were so terrible they cracked when a shop tried to straighten them. Ended up having to replace the whole set. I don’t want something bare bones, but I’m also not someone that notices rims.

OEM rims are stupidly expensive, even used. Any tips for good quality wheels to buy? My tire size is 265-40-R19.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I've been happy with O.Z. cast wheels for track use. Have bent the lip on a couple and had them repaired. I did break spokes on one spinning across a curb, but I think any wheel would have failed that bonehead mistake.

The 265 is your rear tire, front should be 235. Best of luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a set of slightly used (12,500 miles) Porsche 19" OEM wheels off my 2014 Cayman S for a very good price. Send me a note.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Just as an aside .... my local shop charged me $60 for mounting and balancing. (Just had my snow tires mounted on my sedan.). $200 seems outrageous.

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
tirerack.com is your best bet for cheap winter rims. OZ and Enkei would be my preference.

Reactions: wagzhp

·
Registered
189 Posts
tirerack.com is your best bet for cheap winter rims. OZ and Enkei would be my preference.
I agree, and if they haven't already shipped your new tires, see if they can mount and balance them on the rims that you choose. (Get TPS installed too, so you can just swap the whole assembly each season.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.