Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Currently narrowed down to two Boxster S cars, one an 05 the other 07.

05 S blk/blk 6sp manual 15K miles, warranty till 2/11. xenon, adaptive seats, bose, heated seats, MSRP of 64K when new, private 2nd owner $31,400

07 S yellow/blk, 20K miles, warranty till 8/10, nav, heated seats, bose, adaptive seats, $35,000 taken as trade now on GMC lot.

Any thoughts about these two cars? Spoke to the dealership who sold and currently services the 05, well cared for car with everything documented.

I spoke to my local Porsche dealer and ran the VIN of the 07 and everything is clean, no outstanding warranty claims or service.

I would need to shop both cars to Philadelphia, $850 for the blk and $1777 for the 07 since it is in CA. Guess it boils down to about a $5K swing for the 07 yellow. Not sure if it is worth it for a 3rd car??

Thanks for the thoughts and advice.

--JK

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I vote the '05. Like the color combo better, less miles, + xenons and a little more warranty. I don't need / want NAV.

Where is the '05 located? If not too far I'd hop on a plane and drive it back if a deal is struck. Plane ticket would probably be a couple bills, but nowhere near $850.

Good luck....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd love to drive it home but it is in a relatively northern state and so am I. Would be a cold. very dirty ride home along Rt 70 the entire way. I am leaning towards the 05 as well, less $ and aside from the color I don't see a huge difference between the models making the 07 that much better.

Thanks.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts