Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - the car I'm looking at has a dent in the floor pan near the front of the car. I've done some research but am unable to determine the severity of this or what part I could purchase to change this out. It seems the previous owner hit perhaps an extruded manhole cover or something else. Is this piece metal or plastic?
Does anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Looks like mine! Daily driver. Hit a rock that I thought it would easily go over.

·
Registered
224 Posts
That's metal. It would require a good bodyman to reshape it from inside the car (after removing whatever is in the way to reaching it.) Why bother? I'd look for an undamaged car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That’s the bottom of the frunk. I bet you could knock it back fairly easily with a plastic sledge. It’s not really a structural part of the car. The front subframe bolts up to more structure behind that point.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The rearmost edge of it is structure. WHY BOTHER? There are undamaged cars out there. Bashing it out with a sledge will leave marks and distortions that decrease the value of the car. Go find another one. This one failed your inspection.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The rearmost edge of it is structure. WHY BOTHER? There are undamaged cars out there. Bashing it out with a sledge will leave marks and distortions that decrease the value of the car. Go find another one. This one failed your inspection.
Agreed!

It’s not like they are hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: deilenberger
1 - 6 of 6 Posts