Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a place to buy Snell SA rated helmets along the front range? There seems to be lots of motorcycle shops that sell M rated models only.

Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Try Checkpoint racing Checkpoint Racing. I've not done business with them, but their name regularly comes up in the Rocky Mountain Region PCA forum discussions. Another approach is to go to a local autocross or track day and ask folks if you can try on their helmet for size. You'll get more takers if you bring along a balacava to avoid mixing your own sweat and hair oils with those of the owner already well distributed in the helmet. ;-) Once you find one that fits you really well, you can order online with greater confidence of success.

Never buy a helmet without;

1. Trying it on, testing properly for fit (must not be able to pull it off from the back with the strap buckled, snug such that you cheeks move when you wiggle the helmet)

2. Wearing around for at least 15 minutes. You will be surprised how that little tight spot starts to feel like a visegrip after 20+ minutes.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Does anyone know of a place to buy Snell SA rated helmets along the front range? There seems to be lots of motorcycle shops that sell M rated models only.

Thanks.
I would like to bump this old thread on helmets... Now that our first local DE event has been announced for the 2011 season, I am starting to look around for a helmet. It appears that Checkpoint Racing in Denver is now out of business. Other shops that I have checked with only carry motorcycle helmets. Did you ever find a shop in the Denver / Colorado Springs area? Lots of good prices online, but I would like to try it on first.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last year, I found some Snell rated helmets at On Track Performance, Inc. at the address below. It's definitely good to find a local place to try on the fit.

3044 South Platte River Drive
Englewood, CO 80110-1408
(303) 788-0898

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.