Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are moving to the Raleigh area and I had to get my 718 Cayman out there. So i drove. 14 hours the first day and 12 the second. Now, I'm only 43, but let me tell you my @$$ was killing me. I have the 14 way seats, but still. The drive was fantastic. Especially the last part through the Smokey mountains. Car was a champ, no issues. I am about to hit 15k miles, so its not like this 1600 miles was anything new. Now i get to do the same trip again with my wife driving her Cayenne and me driving my Jeep. i dont think it is going to be as fun considering this time the cars will be filled with 3 dogs, a cat and a teenager split between the vehicles lol. I think i got about 28 mpg average keeping it at about 10 over the whole trip. Oddly enough, i dont think i saw a cop the whole trip. wish me luck

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Good luck! Welcome to the Smokey mountains. You will love them in the Fall especially. That said Denver seems like it should have similar topography but I have never been there so I could be wrong. Only been to the airport!

·
Registered
200 Posts
So we are moving to the Raleigh area and I had to get my 718 Cayman out there. So i drove. 14 hours the first day and 12 the second. Now, I'm only 43, but let me tell you my @$$ was killing me. I have the 14 way seats, but still. The drive was fantastic. Especially the last part through the Smokey mountains. Car was a champ, no issues. I am about to hit 15k miles, so its not like this 1600 miles was anything new. Now i get to do the same trip again with my wife driving her Cayenne and me driving my Jeep. i dont think it is going to be as fun considering this time the cars will be filled with 3 dogs, a cat and a teenager split between the vehicles lol. I think i got about 28 mpg average keeping it at about 10 over the whole trip. Oddly enough, i dont think i saw a cop the whole trip. wish me luck
Haha. I’ll take the dogs and a cat. But that long with a teenager is gonna be tough. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
48 Posts
noon Saturday...leave Silver Springs Porsche (just outside WA. D.C.)
5pm Tuesday...arrive in Everett, WA.
i'm 63, just under 3,000 miles run, no pain with base seats...and yeah, no cops!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts