Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once the sun stop shining directly on the car, I'm going to do a light hand polish (P21s) and wax on the Cayman today. We've been driving so much that I haven't had a chance to do this all year, even after months of unemployment!

The big BBQ is next week and I want to look good for it! Maybe I'll break the camera out and try for some before, during and after shots.

Too bad that with Meteor Grey, it'll look the same!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have a Black Cs that you will definitely be able to tell that you have detailed it. I can bring it over tomorrow???:taunt:

Your car will know it has been detailed and will give back that lovin feelin. Did you take some pics??

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I actually tried the time lapse feature on the camera while doing the job today. It snaps a picture every two minutes. Was going well until it ran out of battery after 70 shots!

I guess this feature really meant for the camera to be plugged into an outlet. I've taken 1700+ photos at an airshow with no problems with the same camera. I'll post them up later.

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, here some the photos. Now I know by posting these I risk being the butt of many jokes about my insanity, but I'm willing to risk it!

Now let me explain the first photo. My Cayman is stored outside and gets used once a week at most. Sometimes (like this weekend) it won't be used and will sit for two or more weeks at a time.

My driveway is a wind tunnel and even with a cinch rope along the bottom, I've come home to find the front and back ends of the cover up and flapping with the wind. Not good! So a bunch of traffic cones leaning on the body seems to have solved that issue.

The old pillow cases on the wheels? Well, have you ever tried to get brake dust off the inside (clean) of a car cover?

And away we go...

Taping off the clear bra edges

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ready to polish!

Yes, those sneakers are 25+ years old, with the amount of bending I need to do, those are the only ones that will last!

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wax time!

One Grand Blitz wax. Been using it for close to 10 years. Almost finished with the can finally!

Wax on:

Wax off:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Great Job Pete
Where you listening to any music by any chance or it was just you and your thoughts about how beautiful your car is???
Last time I cleaned my CS I actually Zaino one of front rims and used Mothers Wheel Wax on the other one to see if there will be any difference.
No difference yet but I think Zaino one might pull a head.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
...taping off the clear bra- what a perfectionist touch! Very Nice!

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics Pete, showed them to the wife to prove I was'nt the only one completely off my rocker.

Went on a nice 70 mile back roads run Sat. with Wolfie, Captain Happy and rcr :) when we hit thunderstorms :eek: (I don't drive the Cayman in the rain, 1st time I used the whipers) spent today restoring my Cayman.

Mark C.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Mark,

You're making me feel bad. Never used your wipers before? I need to come down more often so we can DRIVE!

Enjoyed the drive and the help on the tour prep. Seriously, your car is always impeccable. I'm sure it's feeling better after your clean up session today.

Craig

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice pics. Considering entering a concours?
No way, my interior routine consists of shaking the floor mats out and not much more...

I do wish I can keep the windows clean however. The film it develops on the interior glass is one of my pet peeves. Wiping the interior windshield requires the skills of a acrobat.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
No way, my interior routine consists of shaking the floor mats out and not much more...

I do wish I can keep the windows clean however. The film it develops on the interior glass is one of my pet peeves. Wiping the interior windshield requires the skills of a acrobat.
You can always do a street class entry where they only judge the exterior.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts