Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
I mentioned to PistolPete that I was planning on having my Cayman's exterior detailed over the winter at Detailing Dynamics and he suggested that we turn it into a group event. So today I made arrangements with Matt Zakarian (owner and fellow PCA member) to bring my car in on Saturday, January 16, 2010. We spoke about the last time our group visited the shop and the positive impression it made on me. He said we would be welcome to come and see the process of preparing a car for detailing. I will be arriving at his shop at 9AM. Now, the only question remains is whether or not I should spring for the clear bra after he is finished with the car.

Where:
Detailing Dynamics
66 Windsor Avenue
Mineola, NY 11501
(516) 747-4114

When
Saturday, January 16
9:00 AM until whenever

Attendees:
1. gonzo+2
2. PistolPete
3. littlebulldogg
4. canazagasty
5. jxreef
6. V man
7. jointeffort
8. ezmoney
9. Gator Bite & Ina
10. racerboy
11. jml42
12. Marc-In-The-Box
13. NYPorscheChik
14. croc'ed

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Re: Winter Time is Detailing Time

We have our first 2010 event!

Thanks gonzo.

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts

Sounds like fun and I'm sure the detailer knows his business but cold weather can mean water turns to ice that you might not even be aware of when drying the car or removing wax so make sure that the car is free of it before detailing. Again I'm sure your guy knows this but I've seen a bunch of scratched cars in my days from improper winter detailing. Maybe he can develop the proper warnings to pass on for the rest of us?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts

I had my clear bra put on in the deal of winter at this place.

The shop is indoors but the wash bay is outside under an enclosed tent. He had two of those torpedo shaped propane heaters blasting the car.

·
Registered
463 Posts

Matt does terrific work and one of the only places I know that welcomes the customer in the shop to see what he's doing. He actually let me assist him with the installation of my rear center console and upper door trim panels. They really take a lot of pride in their work and reputation.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts

i have never been there, and actually have some Baby pampering questions... so, as long as my dance card is empty, i'll pencil it in.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts

I will see what the weather is like as the date approaches. Let's make sure to get V-Man to attend so that he can renew his acquaintanceship with Matt's bulldog! :hilarious:

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

But Angus is such a friendly dog. Just ask Retired-Teach.:hilarious:

·
Premium Member
665 Posts

oh, that is just too funny....

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

·
Registered
750 Posts

He's friendly, but he wasn't THAT friendly with me. You can count me in if the weather is good and no salt on the roads. Of course I could show up in my Subi if the weather isn't great, but what's the fun in that.

·
Registered
583 Posts

I think me and my pop are in!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts

Where:
Detailing Dynamics
66 Windsor Avenue