Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if the dealers have samples of the various deviating carpet options. I know they have samples of the exterior paint and the leather alternatives but wasn't sure about carpet samples. It's nice that Porsche gives you plenty of alternatives but difficult to decide because you can seldom see an actual car in anything but a handful of common iterations. I was specifically thinking about dark blue with natural brown leather and sea blue deviating carpet. Alternatively I was considering meteor gray with natural brown leather and stone grey carpeting. If anyone has actually seen a car done in one of these combos or has a picture of one I would really like to hear your opinion or view the photo. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Yeah, it's tough to see some of the combos when most dealers order boring stuff. Don't know if they have samples of carpets.

One thing you have to consider IMO is headliner color. NBL is a great leather color, but comes with a black headliner. So if you order it you have to be prepared for that. Dark blue met with NBL along with sea blue carpet and a black headliner may not look that hot. Too many colors going on.

The meteor with NBL is nice, but I have seen a sand beige car with grey carpeting and it didn't look right to me. For the interior I don't think grey and browns coordinate. Cocoa carpet with either sand or NBL looks great.

For Dark Blue Metallic you might want to consider Natural Grey Leather (dark charcoal) with some painted pieces inside? NGL is one of the best, but least ordered leathers Porsche has.

Or how about stone grey interior with blue carpet, blue seat inserts, and blue lower dash? Or vice-versa,.....blue interior, grey carpet, grey seat inserts.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Atlas - Thanks for your thoughts as well as the information about the black headliner with natural brown interior. With porsche, there definitely are a lot of "moving parts" to consider. I tend to like the lighter interiors and the terracotta and red interiors are a bit too flamboyant for my taste so I guess that leaves natural brown or sand beige as the remaining choices. I'm hoping that if I'm patient I can either see a picture or, ideally, an actual vehicle with an interior combination that looks especially appealing.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Funny, sand has a tan headliner. In full leather any of the colors look great. Good luck!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking that one way to avoid the black headliner that comes with the natural brown interior would be to order the sand beige full leather interior and then order deviating upper dash in natural brown. I would think that would have the benefit of cutting down on the reflection on the dash and one would retain the light tan headliner. How do you think that combination would look along with cocoa deviating carpet and a dark blue exterior? Any thoughts or pictures? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
I doubt you'd ever find a picture of that. Also, I think that the sand and natural brown are just different enough, but still close enough to each other in color that it will look like someone made a mistake on the leather on the dash, as opposed to looking like you meant it to look that way. Just my opinion.

brad

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sounds like you are looking at some very specific color combos, and rightly so as you might as well get exactly what you want.

If you have not already, spend some time going through the gallery section on this site. While not all of the cars will be labeled as to what exact color options they have, you can get a feel for some combos. A quick PM to a user about their car could warrant some good feedback and potentially more detailed pictures.

Blue with tan interior is hard to beat IMO. Although I would avoid tan carpeting which it sounds like you would. Blue with NGL is my personal favorite and as it was mentioned is oddly rarely ordered. Full leather is a great upgrade as well. As you can see I have only mentioned Blue exterior, as I think it is a great and slightly less common color than the gray.

Good luck, let us know what you decide.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I doubt you'd ever find a picture of that. Also, I think that the sand and natural brown are just different enough, but still close enough to each other in color that it will look like someone made a mistake on the leather on the dash, as opposed to looking like you meant it to look that way. Just my opinion.

brad
+1

I have seen a car with sand full leather and a NBL dash top and they are very close colors in the sunlight,.....didn't like it as it made the car look like it had a replacement dash top that didn't quite match the rest of the interior.

Another thing you need to worry about when ordering a deviated dash top is the plastic piece that surrounds the defrost vents and center speaker for Bose (if ordered). If you order a Sand interior that piece will be "sand" in color,.....so you will end up with sand colored defrost vents, an NBL dash top, and everything else sand. Just looks odd IMO Looks better with grey/black, blue/grey, etc,.....but not when colors are very close to each other.

There is a 911 picture in the new issue of Christophorus (Porsche owners mag) that shows a sand interior with a Cocoa dash top, some Cocoa leather on the doors, and Cocoa carpet. One of the sharpest interiors I have ever seen,...but I'm sure it will get a bit expensive.

The NBL carpet or Cocoa carpet with a complete sand leather interior does look great though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback concerning using NBL on the upper dash with a sand beige interior. I really hadn't thought of it that way but I can see how it might look like mismatched leather. I have looked at the interiors on this site and did see sand beige with black deviating carpet but couldn't find one with either NBL or cocoa deviating carpet. Hopefully I can find a picture somewhere or at least find a dealer that has carpet samples. It's good that porsche allows for so many choices but it can be frustrating when you just can't find examples of them anywhere. My wife thinks that I should just get silver or black and be done with it but I plan on keeping this car for a long time and don't want to settle for whatever's on the lot. Thanks again.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Here is sand beige with grey carpet. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine it with NBL. I personally don't find it to be very attractive. As for the black headliner with NBL, I have it and have really grown to like it. YMMV. It seems to be a German thing. BMW has used black headliners in M cars for quite some time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here is sand beige with grey carpet. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine it with NBL. I personally don't find it to be very attractive. As for the black headliner with NBL, I have it and have really grown to like it. YMMV. It seems to be a German thing. BMW has used black headliners in M cars for quite some time.
Sand beige with the grey carpet is definitely not a good look.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have to agree that the sand beige with grey is not a good look. I think I can safely cross that one off the list of possibilities. Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I purchased a set of black floormats for my Sand Beige interior to use as everyday mats. The SB shows soiling too easily. I think the black look pretty good in person and mutes the brightness of the SB interior a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts