Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaning toward ordering a cayman in dark blue with natural brown leather and am having trouble deciding whether to go with a deviating carpet for some additional contrast. Possible deviating carpet colors would be either dark blue, dark grey or black. I was just looking for some of your opinions, whether anyone has seen natural brown with deviating carpet of any color and what your impressions were. Any available pics would also be much appreciated. Thanks.

PS - Is the dark blue darker or lighter than the discontinued midnight blue?

·
Registered
38 Posts
IMO I would go for a lighter colour on the carpets. I brings light to the darker areas and does not show up the dirt so easily!

I have a friend with a twin-tone interior; black top half and tan lower and it looks good.

I have the full cocoa brown interior and it works well.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'd go with dark blue carpeting. Porsche's lighter interiors are too monotone. I'd also get a black upper dash and black upper doors. Natural Brown is beautiful!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm leaning toward ordering a cayman in dark blue with natural brown leather and am having trouble deciding whether to go with a deviating carpet for some additional contrast. Possible deviating carpet colors would be either dark blue, dark grey or black. I was just looking for some of your opinions, whether anyone has seen natural brown with deviating carpet of any color and what your impressions were. Any available pics would also be much appreciated. Thanks.

PS - Is the dark blue darker or lighter than the discontinued midnight blue?
Natural Brown leather is a great choice. I would go with either the black or the blue deviating carpet to mix it up. Grey IMO would look out of place. We recently sold a Midnight Blue Metallic Cayman with Beige interior and blue carpeting. The car looked great and sold very quickly.

With regard to the difference between Midnight & Dark Blue Metallic, they are very very similar colors. Not sure which one would be lighter than the other without having them right in front of me/side by side.

IMO I would go for a lighter colour on the carpets. I brings light to the darker areas and does not show up the dirt so easily!

I have a friend with a twin-tone interior; black top half and tan lower and it looks good.

I have the full cocoa brown interior and it works well.

Full Cocoa with Dark Blue looks excellent as well, might be something to consider.

·
Registered
620 Posts
FWIW, I have the NB interior and really like it. I would not like deviated carpet or mats with NB. But then, this, like so many other items, is totally subjective. Good luck!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm leaning toward ordering a cayman in dark blue with natural brown leather and am having trouble deciding whether to go with a deviating carpet for some additional contrast. Possible deviating carpet colors would be either dark blue, dark grey or black.
I am a big fan of natural brown leather, but I do prefer some contrast rather than having the entire interior in light brown. Since the headliner and some of the trim plastic bits are already black, I think that a black deviating carpet matches well with the NB interior. I have ordered this option on a Cayman S build (June 2010). I have also ordered the rear center console in exterior color (Meteor Gray) for some additional contrast. I have not seen any pictures of this exact configuration, but there are some examples in the gallery section with terracotta and red interiors. I personally really like this look, especially with the meteor exterior.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Possible deviating carpet colors would be either dark blue, dark grey or black.
I found a pic of a natural brown interior with dark grey deviating carpet on Rennlist. This actually looks pretty good I think with the Meteor grey exterior. I'm not sure how much it would clash with the black headliner, however.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found a pic of a natural brown interior with dark grey deviating carpet on Rennlist. This actually looks pretty good I think with the Meteor grey exterior. I'm not sure how much it would clash with the black headliner, however.
Thanks for posting the picture. I'm not sure how it would look with the black headliner either but it does look good with the natural brown. Good luck with your purchase. Please post pics, I'd love to see them. Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for posting the picture. I'm not sure how it would look with the black headliner either but it does look good with the natural brown. Good luck with your purchase. Please post pics, I'd love to see them. Thanks.
I just picked up my 2011 Cayman S last week. I ordered it in meteor grey with natural brown leather and deviated carpet in black. Also added several bits in painted exterior color. The combination is stunning IMO and I am extremely happy with it. Attached are a few pics taken by the dealer before delivery. :burnout:This is my first Porsche and I am blown away by the performance and handling - truly a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just picked up my 2011 Cayman S last week. I ordered it in meteor grey with natural brown leather and deviated carpet in black. Also added several bits in painted exterior color. The combination is stunning IMO and I am extremely happy with it. Attached are a few pics taken by the dealer before delivery. :burnout:This is my first Porsche and I am blown away by the performance and handling - truly a pleasure to drive.
Your car looks great, congrats on a unique color combo. It is always nice to see someone do something a little different/unique. I am always amazed what deviated carpeting and a painted center console can do to break up an interior space.

Enjoy your Cayman and welcome to the Porsche family.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sweet interior. Very tasteful and not overdone. Congrats!

All you need is a silver cargo net...

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Nicely done! That steering wheel is to die for.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nicely done! That steering wheel is to die for.
Your car looks great, congrats on a unique color combo. It is always nice to see someone do something a little different/unique. I am always amazed what deviated carpeting and a painted center console can do to break up an interior space.

Enjoy your Cayman and welcome to the Porsche family.

Thanks... I love the natural brown leather, but found the brown matching carpet and plastic trim too monotonous in the standard configuration. I was a bit anxious ordering a combination that I had never seen before, but I am more than happy with the result.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats on the car. It definitely was worth waiting for. Is that the standard steering wheel on the 2011 models? It looks terrific.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts