Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big North Texas Howdy,
I'm looking for someone in the DFW area with an aftermarket exhaust system on their cayman. I think I want a Borla system but would like to hear it in person. Worried about drone & excessive cabin noise. Anyone out there want to show off their ride?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i spoke too soon. Right after posting I saw a fabspeed exhaust that was just too good to pass up on. Guess I'll find out how they sound soon enough.
thanks anyway

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been running the Fabspeed catback on my '08 S for several months; just added the headers (w/sport cats) a couple of weeks ago.

There is some resonance in the 2400-3000rpm range but only when adding throttle; unloaded/cruising it is quiet. That being said, I don't spend much time in that range...most of my hiway driving stays in the 3200-3800rpm range where it is fairly subdued.

On the track with windows down & at WOT it sounds like a baby GT-3 Cup car to me. Of course maybe that's wishful thinking but hey-it works for me!!!
On the other hand maybe FriscoCayman can give you some feedback on how it sounds since he keeps passing me on track. :rolleyes::)

Like all things audio...sound is subjective; as my Turbos & 968's are substantially louder I'm fairly tolerant at this point. ;)

BTW; surprisingly the headers had very little impact on volume; just a slightly deeper tone...I like!!! :D

I always have it at the Dealership during the week; feel free to stop by for a listen if you're in the area. Just give me a heads up so I can be sure I'm not in meetings...
Randall

·
Registered
105 Posts
Big North Texas Howdy,
I'm looking for someone in the DFW area with an aftermarket exhaust system on their cayman. I think I want a Borla system but would like to hear it in person. Worried about drone & excessive cabin noise. Anyone out there want to show off their ride?
I'm also interested in hearing from DFW people that have an aftermarket exhaust. Send me a PM if you'd be willing to let me hear yours in person.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope to have mine installed next week. I'm on the westside of Fort Worth. I'm putting on a Fabspeed catback. Let me know if you want to check it out.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I have Milltek. Would love to listen to a Fabspeed or Borla.

Perhaps we can meet at one of the "Car And Coffee" shows in Plano. Would be great to see more Caymans there. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
let me know when & where.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hope to have mine installed next week. I'm on the westside of Fort Worth. I'm putting on a Fabspeed catback. Let me know if you want to check it out.
Would be very interested in hearing it. Send me a PM once you get it installed.

I have Milltek. Would love to listen to a Fabspeed or Borla.

Perhaps we can meet at one of the "Car And Coffee" shows in Plano. Would be great to see more Caymans there. :)
Do you know when the next one is? Would like to hear the Milltek as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Someone be sure to post when the next GTG is. I will be looking for a little road trip soon and will probably head in your direction to see some old college friends. I have B&B headers and exhaust. Would love to hear some other setups.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Kim,

It was very nice to speak with you at Cars and Coffee yesterday. I am still trying to get warm, but I really enjoyed the event. I will try to make the next one if it is above 32 degrees:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Scott, it was nice meeting you too. Definitely let's try to meet again at the next Cars and Coffee. :)

Kim,

It was very nice to speak with you at Cars and Coffee yesterday. I am still trying to get warm, but I really enjoyed the event. I will try to make the next one if it is above 32 degrees:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts