Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a slew of complaints here and on other sites about losing Bluetooth Connectivity with 981's after using the new iPhone 6, I'm wondering if Apple ever fixed this?

It seems like most of the complaints were from September to November, though there are still tech reports circulating about the persistence of problems.

I'm aware of the general fix that works temporarily for some people (resetting the phone's settings to default, removing the phone in the car and repairing).

Apple is still recommending this, though their customer service support people claim that there may be a fix with the new iOS 8.2.

But can anyone with an iPhone 6 tell me whether they are no longer having problems?

I would love to upgrade my phone but really need the connectivity.

·
Registered
302 Posts
No problems at all with 2phones in 2cars. iPhone 6 and 6+.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I am running 8.1.3 on my iphone 6. No problem what so ever when I went from iphone 4 to 6 last year, hooked right up to the car.-Richard

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys. Much appreciate hearing about your experiences.

As a heads up, if you are with ATT you might want to upgrade your phone sooner than later if you are due for an upgrade. Particularly if the iPhone 6 finally pairs well with the 981.

This may be old news to you, but ATT sales reps tells me ATT is trying to phase out Apple iPhone upgrades every 2 years for old customers on 'legacy' plans. They are trying to move everyone to a finance plan where you pay for the tax only up front but pay for the entire price of the phone over 2 years in monthly fees that show up on your bill (I think they quoted me $27 or 32/mo depending on which phone).

When the sales rep was pressed to explain why he claimed this was 'better' for me, to pay close to $800 for a phone that is being offered for $399 for a 2 year commitment, he stuttered for a bit and said 'to be completely honest and upfront with you, it really isn't for your plan."

The upshot of this is to only offer the discounted phones to people signing up for new plans. And if you get a deal on a phone at Best Buy or Target etc., you may lose your old plan benefits and get signed into something new (conflicting information from ATT phone and store sales reps).

So while no one is stating that ATT will stop offering phone upgrades to new customers, that is clearly where they hope to go. Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm already on the finance plan. It actually saved us money and gave us more data on their family plan. Currently have six iphones on our plan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts