Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had my Cayman for six weeks now and I am not surprised when something new pops up while driving. The passenger side air bag warning light really worried me when my wife put the seat back to relax on the way home from a party last week. I still had 50 miles to drive and this really got me to thinking ...."what if"! :eek:
I thought I read the manual pretty well, but it is worth reading it again at a slower pace I see.
The smell of 'Popcorn" that sometimes occures while driving is interesting,but thanks to the first post I am not concerned anymore about something that is about to catch fire!
I have this battery charger that I bought off the posche webb site for winter storage that might be worth using when I leave for vacation so I don't have to worry about "battery discharge". ( $150 with shipping)
This thread is great!

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Thanks for the very good summary. Sometimes we all ignore simple advice like having a flash light in the car, in the end it will come and bite us ;-) I will make sure to keep a light of some kind in the car. I recall Russ purchased a small one that fits somewhere in the car - I would think that something a bit bigger might be a good idea - should the light be self contained or plug into the 12V outlet - any pro and cons ?

I bought the little porsche light that fits in the cigarette lighter in teh console. It is very bright, and lasts a long time. When you're done with it, you just plug it back in and close the lid. Very cool

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Cayman S Manual Favorates

When I talk to new friends with American cars, I love to tell them about these 2 points in the Cayman S manual to illustrate the design difference between their car and a Porsche.

The cruise control is automatically disengaged at speeds above 145mph.

The rear window wiper is disengaged at 130mph and will automatically re-engage when speed drops below 118mph.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Obscure Idios

I did read the manual, and I'm still glad to be reminded of some of this great cars odd features. Missed the clue on fixing the cup holders! Great, thanks!

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Thank You!!!

Santa Fe for your insightful post. The first time that puff of smoke happened at start up I freaked out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great Stuff!!! So what does a Maintainer usually cost?? Are they worth it? I know, I should be maintaining the charging system by being behind the wheel more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maintainers are like 20-30 at any local auto parts store.
They will all do the job, provided the battery water levels are good.

Don't store the battery on cement unless its a sealed battery.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Not in the manual

There is nothing in the manual on how to remove the permanent smile offmy face since getting my first Porsche, a "CS" this weekend!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
great post santa fe... just got my cayman two days ago and i had the same question about the rear fog light. the dealer had no clue but assumed thats how it wwas supposed to be.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I dream of living in a place where I'd need snow tires :).

My 06 CS is used for fun only and gets driven maybe once per week. No flat battery yet but given the problems you highlighted if it happens, I think I'll get a trickle charger.

Thanks for the great post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will try to remove key again tomorrow when i get back to my shop.
I had battery disconnected while i installed a fabspeed cat back yesterday. I could not wait to hear the new sound. When i reconnected battery, turned key nothing!! I tried numerous times. then discoverd i could not remove key from the switch. Battery is fully charged. What's up!!! HELP!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
well, obviously i did not read either manual. I stored my Cayman for the winter and disconnected the battery cable. I tried to connect the doner battery but it is not working probably because I disconnected the cable. My ft hood is closed and i do not know how to open it and connect the cable. anyone out there who can help me by telling how to open the ft hood manually ?

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Somewhere in the threads here there is a description of how to get to the access cable. I think it involves removing a wheel and a panel.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts