Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, but I'm not new to the Boxster. I drove a '99 for almost 12 years and just traded it in on a low mileage 2014 (yeah, there's been a learning curve this week). The car didn't have the owner's manual, so the dealer gave me a complete kit--for a 2013. He maintains that the owner's book is identical between the two years and he may have a point, looking at an eBay seller (2013 v. 2014), the manual sure looks the same.

I was reading the book and my car has the SportDesign steering wheel with 4 control stalks, but the book points to controls on the Multifunction steering wheel, so I wonder if the book just lacks that or maybe they did a better job in 2014? Beats me. The Warranty is the warranty and a book won't change things.

I'm still talking with the salesman about the manuals and it's not contentious. Does anyone know if it really is the same book?

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
I'm new here, but I'm not new to the Boxster. I drove a '99 for almost 12 years and just traded it in on a low mileage 2014 (yeah, there's been a learning curve this week). The car didn't have the owner's manual, so the dealer gave me a complete kit--for a 2013. He maintains that the owner's book is identical between the two years and he may have a point, looking at an eBay seller (2013 v. 2014), the manual sure looks the same.

I was reading the book and my car has the SportDesign steering wheel with 4 control stalks, but the book points to controls on the Multifunction steering wheel, so I wonder if the book just lacks that or maybe they did a better job in 2014? Beats me. The Warranty is the warranty and a book won't change things.

I'm still talking with the salesman about the manuals and it's not contentious. Does anyone know if it really is the same book?
I bought one of the first 2014 Boxsters. The manual was copywrited in 2012 so it is probably the same. However, there is an online manual which probably lends itself to more timely updates. Porsche iManual | 2013 -

P.S. Love your avatar. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
A condensed version of the 2014 owners manual is available in a free app called "good to know". Would probably be good to illustrate any diff between your 2013 owners manual and the 2014 model year.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
A condensed version of the 2014 owners manual is available in a free app called "good to know". Would probably be good to illustrate any diff between your 2013 owners manual and the 2014 model year.
II agree, the "Good to Know" app on my iPad covers probably 95+% of my questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts