Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Difficult choice about 981 - FType - C43.

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  John K Lim 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new on the forum. My name is Lucio and I come from Italy. Next year I would like to change cars and I intend to take one of these three mentioned above.

981 base with PSE.

I did a test drive to understand how the car is going. It does not push very hard to the bass but touches the 8000 rpm without problems. The flat six is an engine with an excellent sound, especially with the PSE. The handling of the car is something crazy, the car does not move from the ground and has a formidable grip, it seems very easy to drive.

Unfortunately, due to the Coronavirus, I was unable to test the FType and the C43 AMG. Can anyone who has tried the cars tell me how they are going?

I heard the FType live and I must say that it has an absurd sound for being a six-cylinder, but it is not comparable to the V8 which is a whole other world. I've never heard of the C43 AMG here in town from me.

#2 · (Edited)
You are not new here. This is yet a third account created under different user names here within the last month asking about which car is louder again? You have at least five new accounts between here and Rennlist within the last few weeks, all posting the same question over and over again in both forums. You are using this newest account name on one of the other duplicate new accounts on Rennlist as well. You seem to be obsessed with which cars have the loudest exhaust.

I may be wrong, but if I had to guess by your post, you are very young "dreamer" and very excited by these cars which is great, but there is no need to keep creating multiple new accounts.

#4 ·
I'm sorry, I don't think I'm the same person you're talking about. The only reason why I asked about the noise of the cars is because I often go on the track and I don't want to be flagged.

The limit imposed for the track where I go is 92 decibels, for this reason I asked if a 981 base with the PSE exceeded that threshold.

I saw a user with his GTS who said that he reached 96 decibels, I was asking for this.

#5 · (Edited)
You are the same person. You are using this exact same account profile as you are using on one of the duplicate account you created over on Rennlist. Your previous multiple post both here and Rennlist regarding which car is louder are practically copy/paste exact words and sentence structure with all your accounts between the two sites, so its obvious its all the same person, especially considering the topic. 981 base - 981 GTS. - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

There is no problem asking questions and we welcome you here. I just dont understand why you keep creating new accounts to do so, or why you feel the need to keep asking the same question over and over again in multiple threads despite already getting multiple answers.

Most of what you are asking isnt even able to be answered by anyone because you aren't asking about anything specific other than "which car sounds best or is loudest" and you are constantly switching up the cars you are asking about. Five different cars now you have asked the same question about, so there so there doesn't seem to be any real focus or point to any of it without any specific details

If there is a specific point or need, then I suggest you include that detailed info in your post so that the other members can actually help you. You've never once in all your multiple post or threads mentioned anything about any track use or decibel limits. Even this new thread is missing that info until I called you out on the multiple user accounts, so people cant help you with something you have never ever mentioned before.

#7 · (Edited)
Then why didn't you answer it for him? No one is angry. Did you read the thread at all? He has created three different user names here in the last month alone posting the same question over and over again despite already getting answers in his other accounts and threads. He is doing the same thing over at Rennlist with duplicate accounts there, so no, he is not just "asking a question". It's annoying and against the forum rules to cross post the same questions over and over and most forums do not allow multiple user accounts either. And in this case it makes absolutely no sense at all as people typically do this only to troll. This is the sort of thing teenage boys do on the internet which makes it all the more strange if indeed he is not

#8 ·
If you get the Jag or the Merc, you'll be able to have the pleasure of moving to a better car when you trade it in for a Porsche sports car. ;)

#9 · (Edited)
I own a 2018 c43 and a 981 2.7 with PSE.

Both are fast enough on the street. 981 has better handling, c43 can seat 4 people and a real trunk. Both have great sound, but PSE is louder of course.

The c43 would win a drag race. But on windy roads its a different story. On taking turns at speed, the c43 exhibits much more body roll even in sport+ mode. The cayman feels much more planted, even though the grip on the merc is great as its 4 wheel drive.

Really the choice will boil down to c43 4-seat practicality vs 2 seat 981 fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.