Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I am having difficulty finding a comfortable seating position. I have the standard leather seats and am 5foot 7".

I find that in order to depress the clutch fully I need to sit in a postion that I can't lower my right-leg thigh onto the base of the seat. As if there is not enough angle in the base of the seat to support my leg! Also the heel of my right leg is touching the bottom on the gas pedal, so I can't stretch my leg out properly.

After any journey longer than 2 minutes my leg and hip become uncomfortable.

I am wondering if I need to make the clutch higher? Perhaps put something on the pedal to make it about 1 inch higher?

My legs are the correct length and are not made of wood - before anyone makes any funny comments!!!

Of course, if the angle of the base of the seat was adjustable I would not have this issue...

Anyone notice anything similar?

Cheers
Jack

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am 5.3 or something and I too feel if I could lower the front part of the seat(as in the adaptive seats) I would be much more confortable with the seating. Just raising the the rear portion of the seat make me feel like I am driving an SUV!?!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I take in you folks don't have power seats......it was a must have option for me.
Used Car, couldn't get all I wanted but 80% :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I used to have a lot of trouble with my driving position.

I had an old sports injury to my shoulder which I thought the physio had fixed. It wasn't until i went to an osteopath who corrected my spine that the problems went away. Now i have no trouble at all and i'm 6 ft 4"

:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dear All,

I am having difficulty finding a comfortable seating position. I have the standard leather seats and am 5foot 7".

I find that in order to depress the clutch fully I need to sit in a postion that I can't lower my right-leg thigh onto the base of the seat. As if there is not enough angle in the base of the seat to support my leg! Also the heel of my right leg is touching the bottom on the gas pedal, so I can't stretch my leg out properly.

After any journey longer than 2 minutes my leg and hip become uncomfortable.

I am wondering if I need to make the clutch higher? Perhaps put something on the pedal to make it about 1 inch higher?

My legs are the correct length and are not made of wood - before anyone makes any funny comments!!!

Of course, if the angle of the base of the seat was adjustable I would not have this issue...

Anyone notice anything similar?

Cheers
Jack
I recall reading a thread on this forum indicating how to adjust the brake/clutch pedal positions. Before making any changes you might wish to compare the positions of the brake/clutch pedals in your car to a couple of other samples. Maybe they can be moved toward you a bit. Based on the position of the heel of your right foot, it does sound like you're seated very far forward.

Also, have you tried/considered driving shoes? I find the stiffer sole, slightly extended toe, lack of lip, and rounded heel of the driving shoes I've been using (Piloti) are better suited to driving a 987 compared to typical casual and dress shoes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts