Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help Disconnected Hydraulic Oil line hose?

There is a mysterious 5" rubber hose coming out of my hydraulic oil pump that is not connected to anything. I have a feeling it is supposed to be plugged in somewhere but it's not. Is it a breather hose? I noticed it today when I was checking over all my hoses and connections after installing my IPD plenum last night. I know this problem is not attributed to my recent install because I took a photo of my engine before I performed any work and I can see the oil seepage on a little black box on the pre-IPD install engine photo.

Here are a couple of photos of what I'm talking about.

The hose in question:

Where I noticed the oil seeping onto...

Does anyone know where this goes or what it does?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ya, try to point it in an area where it might make it to the ground because that breather hose does expel fluid. When my plenum was installed the tech must have pointed it on to my manifold so, when I went to clean the air filter I saw oil on my manifold and almost took a s___t.. I thought I had a real big problem... but as I keep educating and some one on one concealing, i've been able to move on with my Cayman experience....:crazy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.