Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me an idea on how much of discount they recently received on a 2009 911? The dealer offered me a 20K discount yestersay which seems excellent.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
That's probably very good although it's helpful to know the model,equipment, and MSRP. It should go without saying that you want to avoid dealer add ons that will dilute your savings when it comes to the bottom line.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I've seen leftover 2009's listed for $20k off MSRP, so that sounds reasonable. I don't think I've seen much more than that, but you can always make an offer. It's a buyers market these days.

I see you are in MA. What dealer(s) are you looking at?

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Can anyone give me an idea on how much of discount they recently received on a 2009 911? The dealer offered me a 20K discount yestersay which seems excellent.

Thanks
More info please about the car and price... not that I'm interested in the Carrera but... curious!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sticker price on the 09 911 Carrera is $85,600 and includes:

PDK
Heated Steering Wheel
Power seats w/memory
BOSE
XM Radio
Dimming Mirrors

I drove the car at Porsche of Westwood. I'm thinking of trading in my 2006 CS but haven't really made my mind up yet. They offered me $31K on my car which I think is a little low yet who would ever think 911's would be at a $20K discount. To your point it's a buyers market so I was hoping to get an out of pocket deal of $31K with my CS.
Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
I would not have traded my 06 Cayman S for a base Carrera so take my comments in that context and w/ a grain of salt! IMHO the difference of $10K to upgrade to the S is a bargain given that you get 19" wheels, PASM, and 40HP. The Cayman has more sports car feel than the Carrera, but what makes the Carrera shine is the upgraded HP of the current S which at 385 is really noticable. If the car you're looking at has PDK but no Sport Chrono you are really losing the full benefit of the PDK and that alone would not make the deal worth it to me even if the car were an S instead of the base model. Money is important, and the discount you're getting is good, but my father always told me that a man can go broke buying bargains. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
DaveC makes some very good points regarding the "upgrade" to a base Carrera.

I've test driven a PDK Carrera "S" with the PDK w/chrono and it's a different league in terms of acceleration vs. the stock Cayman S.

I don't think you'll get the same feel with just a base Carrera and no chrono...

·
Registered
607 Posts
I just went through what you are doing now... I had a 07 CS lease and moved up to a 09 C2S coupe with PDK.

You are getting a 20K discount because around 8-10K of that discount is coming through Porsche Financial. I got 12K off my C2S that had a MSRP of 108K. I passed on the additional Porsche financial money discount and took their MUCH lower money factor rate instead for the lease.

I got my car in November, so you should get an even better deal than I did.

About the PDK, you should really get it with Sport Chrono, it really changes the feel of the car and makes it that much more fun to drive. You can peddle along on the normal setting as a daily driver, then up the tone every now and then, you will never get bored of the car, since it will be tame when you want, and wild when you need it to be.

I also agree with DaveC, my CS had almost no options on it, and after 6 months, I kept kicking myself for it... so when I moved to the C2S, I made sure it had all that I wanted so I won't regret things later on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for all the input. I decided to stick with my CS for a bit longer.
See you've made a decision. Sounds good. Just my 2 cents. yes you can get a 2009 car at 20% of MSRP. Been there..done that... I got about $22k off my car a 2009 997S w/sports chrono/chrono plus. Only thing missing really was NAV. Anyway realizing $$ came from PCNA I took my credit union rates which beat ALL the big banks out there and although not as low as 1.9% from PCNA...it was close enough to get into the ballpark and make the numbers okay. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought a 2009 Carrera 4S in December at $17k off MSRP. It was a DX car which was shipped from West Coast to East Coast. The typical discount is running around $20 k on S models. Porsche is giving the dealers $8 to $12k trunk money on 2009 leftover 911's. My car is fantastic with PDK and sport chrono. I think this is a huge opportunity for anyone ready to take the plunge. The reality is that in effect Porsche is absorbing the first year depreciation, not bad. Good luck. Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
What about discounting on a left over 2008 c4s? Nicely optioned, 6spd, sport chrono, nav, phone, heated seats, and other inconsequential little stuff.

I'd think -$30k is where it ought to get to considering the year model.

Here's another problem for me though, I like the idea of an 09+ engine but what about an 07 turbo for about the same price, high 80's ?

·
Need 4 Speed
175 Posts
Does anyone know if 2009 911 S can be leased for about $800 - $900 a month (36 month lease) with about $5000 - $7000 down?

The dealer is trying to sway me into financing a $91,000 (MSRP $103,000) 2010 Carrera 4S (AWD, PSM, 385 HP, Manual). Of course much higher payments. He is telling me that if I wanted to lease a 2008 (he has a 2008 911 S) that the residual will be around $32,000 on a 3 year lease (priced at $72,000). This makes leasing a 2008 very unattractive.

I feel that the Dealer is really not trying lease me a car since he wants to sell me a 2010 which I am not even sure if it's a good deal.

If anyone knows of a good lease deal on 2008/2009 please let me know.

:thanks:

·
Registered
138 Posts
The 09 an 10 will have the new direct injection engines. The 08 will be the older engine design and will already be "2 years old" so that will kill the residual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just upgraded my 06 Cayman S to a 997.2 C2S as well. Essentially a $104k MSRP car for $83k and it had 2k miles on it. The deals are out there - I did notice more recently that the S inventory has gotten depressed - not sure if that is because they are placing more emphasis on the Panamera. Regardless, I am missing my Cayman, but loving my 911. It is a different car, but one that will keep me quite occupied for some time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
This is probably a good thread in which to share my recent experience. My Uncle had been wanting a 911 for years. He bought a 914E when he got back from Viet Nam and sold it when his wife had the last of three girls in the late 80's. So after I got my CS he really was hurting for one again. A few months ago (late December) he was ready to bight the bullet and buy an 09 he found for $85k. I was going in for service on mine so I told him to wait until I could check with my dealer to see if there were any better deals out there. Well, to my amazement, my dealer had a new 09 base model that they had just punched the warranty on and reduced the price. I put a deposit down on it and called my Uncle. When he got there I told him that one of us was buying this car today; him or me and he needed to decide.

Again it was a base model C2, standard, Black with black/tan interior, no nav or ipod interface or bluetooth, no full electric seats, 20+ miles. Needless to say, I still have my 06CS & my Uncle has his dream fulfilled again. So what was the price you ask...$68,500 +ttl.

I probably should have just bought it for myself but I'm pretty spoiled to Nav, PASM and sport chrono in my CS.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is probably a good thread in which to share my recent experience. My Uncle had been wanting a 911 for years. He bought a 914E when he got back from Viet Nam and sold it when his wife had the last of three girls in the late 80's. So after I got my CS he really was hurting for one again. A few months ago (late December) he was ready to bight the bullet and buy an 09 he found for $85k. I was going in for service on mine so I told him to wait until I could check with my dealer to see if there were any better deals out there. Well, to my amazement, my dealer had a new 09 base model that they had just punched the warranty on and reduced the price. I put a deposit down on it and called my Uncle. When he got there I told him that one of us was buying this car today; him or me and he needed to decide.

Again it was a base model C2, standard, Black with black/tan interior, no nav or ipod interface or bluetooth, no full electric seats, 20+ miles. Needless to say, I still have my 06CS & my Uncle has his dream fulfilled again. So what was the price you ask...$68,500 +ttl.

I probably should have just bought it for myself but I'm pretty spoiled to Nav, PASM and sport chrono in my CS.
Nice find. Glad you uncle got his car and maybe he'll even let your drive it too sometime as a finders fee! LOL

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here in the midwest, there are very few 2009 or 2010 911's on dealer lots--pretty much cleaned inventory with limited 2010 alotments.
The "second wave" of 2010's will arrive at the dealers in 2-4 weeks. After that time any remaining '09's might go for even less as dealers will get increasingly worried about them.

Tough call on the 2009's--pull the trigger now, or wait for a biggger discount, but take your chances?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts