Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Crock isn't known for tons of special features but it's neat when you find anything. Today, I noticed in the glove box that there are two CD holders with a red light lit if they have a CD in it and a pen holder. My G35 had the 6 disc changer all in front so I shouldn't be excited, but knowing that I have 2 extra holders in the glove box in addition to the front trunk makes me giddy. Even if I barely use CD's anymore.

Sounds so geeky but I got excited about it.

I filled the little side compartments in the back with my first aid kit from my G35 containing all the first aid stuff items such as antacids, advil, vicodin for my back when I may need it, male and female needs - giggity. The other side has 4 bottles of water.

Wondering what else I'll come across here and there over time.

I just love this car. Every day, it just gets more fun!!! Owning a Porsche is incomparable to any other car I've owned. There's just a different feeling about em.

Now for the exhaust, nav, radar detector and possibly wheels. Borla first though. :) And a car cover I think :-/

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I recall the pen holder should come with a pen as well. Though, it is one of the 1st things that get lost on new cars. Not sure if it's a dealer "install" option and most dealers forget... or if the pens just grow legs and walk off before owners take delivery.

·
On Probation
582 Posts
I recall the pen holder should come with a pen as well. Though, it is one of the 1st things that get lost on new cars. Not sure if it's a dealer "install" option and most dealers forget... or if the pens just grow legs and walk off before owners take delivery.
i got akey chain,hat and pen from my dealer.......the fat pen they gave me wont fit

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
You know, you can find a lot of easter eggs by reading the owner's manual. :)

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
I bought the pen off of eBay. I agree that it is nice to have two extra cd's close at hand to switch in when I want.

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
I love the fact that the arm rest acts as another storage compartment...I have all kinds of stuff in them...tire gauge, sunglasses, gloves (what a concept, gloves in a glove compartment), etc...you are right...a lot of neat things that you can find...

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I believe the two cd holder in the glove compartment is included with the sound plus or Bose options.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just figured out the storage in the armrest last weekend. Never thought to lift it for some reason.

Honestly, this shocks me. Every car I've ever owned has storage in the armrest. Every car I've ever been in even, every truck.

I can't think of any vehicle that doesn't have that. So I'm really surprised to see that two people didn't know about that. I just assumed it.

Here's a question: I have the manual 6 speed. I could have sworn that when I was test driving the car, I saw that the display console showed what gear I was in. since then, I can't find it. I know that it has that in automatics I think, but am I missing something here or does it just not have that feature in my 07cs?

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
Not available on the '06 for sure. Sort of a Porsche thing that drivers should be able tuned in enough to know what gear they are in. They expect as much from owners as owners expect from them.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Here's a question: I have the manual 6 speed. I could have sworn that when I was test driving the car, I saw that the display console showed what gear I was in. since then, I can't find it. I know that it has that in automatics I think, but am I missing something here or does it just not have that feature in my 07cs?
This feature doesn't exist in either the Gen I or Gen II 6MT cars.

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
Honestly, this shocks me. Every car I've ever owned has storage in the armrest. Every car I've ever been in even, every truck.

I can't think of any vehicle that doesn't have that. So I'm really surprised to see that two people didn't know about that. I just assumed it.
Well...I have had BMWs and Mercedes for over the last 15 years...and not of them had this feature...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Did you drive a tiptronic?:drivingskid:

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Well...I have had BMWs and Mercedes for over the last 15 years...and not of them had this feature...
In the BMW I had the armrest was an option and certainly had no storage in it, and below that nothing, my Audi has an armrest with storage but put too much pressure on it and it drops down, and the LR2 has no closed storage between the seats.

Some of the favorite features of my current cars are;
Audi A3 underseat storage - Had no clue it was there until after 6 months of ownership LOL. And a flap that pops down above the rear view mirror to stop glare from sunlight in that area.

LR2 HSE navigation - it leaves white dots on map to show where you've been previously and ability to display LR logo on screen.

Cayman has 3 items I love - The huge front trunk, which is no surprise to us, but is to everyone else who's never seen it before, and still I can't get over how much stuff teh Cayman can lug around! The cup holder design is fantastic and well thought out and is again one of those items that seems to surprise people. And last but not least is the storage bins in the doors and behind you which are well sized.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I too was surprised by the capacity of the front trunk.

When we too the Cayman for our weekly grocery shopping trip for the first time, I thought we;d have to split the bags between the front and back - they all fit up front.

I was also amazed at how much you can stuff in the glovebox.

All in all, an impressive amount of storage space for a two seater.

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
When I first took ownership of the car, people ask "if it was too small too carry anything around"...well, I would answer..."if I was going to Home Depot and getting 10 bags of mulch, it might not fit...:hilarious:
but I have been on many weekend trips to the Jersey shore and my wife who was skeptical at first, didn't believe how much it can really hold...I love this car:dance:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
In my Infiniti G35, the rear seat pull-down armrest had a flap on one side with a storage compartment in the center that held a very well equipped emergency kit. I added things to it like advil, antacids, vicodin for my back in emergencies, wet wipes, female needs (gf thanked me many times lol), and extra 50 dollar bill etc.

That comes in handy all the time! I kept the emergency kit and it fits perfect into one of those small storage beens in the back. I keep water bottles in the other one.

I too love the size of the front and rear trunks. There's also a good amount of space behind the seats. I keep a microfiber cloth and towel down there for wiping off dust and in case of any spill.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts