Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 58 degrees and sunny today. A perfect fall day.
I decided to ditch work and go driving on my favorite mountain roads in West Virginia.
Beautiful state. Nice 2 lane country roads and mountain highways. 70 mph speed limits and hardly any cars on the road.
"The Porsche is strong in this one...."
DSCN4054-1800.jpg DSCN4062-1800.jpg DSCN4065-1800.jpg DSCN4085-1800.jpg DSCN4087-1800.jpg DSCN4089-1800.jpg

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Better hope your boss is not on this forum or you may end up having a lot more time on your hands to drive your car.

Reactions: omidoo250

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
If his boss is on this forum, he already understands. They'll probably ditch work together in the future to go driving.

Edit: Ironic. My new boss has a 2014 CS.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Great idea, great pics! I was off work on Monday and did the same thing. If I wasn't off work in Monday, I would have done the same thing! Was 75 degrees in NJ. This morning (Wednesday) it is sleeting with ice pellets bouncing off of my deck.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
What were you thinking, the top is up and its not raining.:hilarious:

Pick the "Odd man out" of this collection.

A bottle of beer, a Cayman, and a Boxster............

You can't take the top off a Cayman and enjoy the pleasures inside. :hilarious:

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
I decided to ditch work and go driving on my favorite mountain roads in West Virginia.
Beautiful state. Nice 2 lane country roads and mountain highways. 70 mph speed limits and hardly any cars on the road.
View attachment 53304 View attachment 53305 View attachment 53306 View attachment 53307 View attachment 53308 View attachment 53309
LG visited there (that Pkg lot) in mid August but with TOP DOWN.;):taunt: Great roads and all basically posted 55 even on twisties.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
What were you thinking, the top is up and its not raining.:hilarious:

Pick the "Odd man out" of this collection.

A bottle of beer, a Cayman, and a Boxster............

You can't take the top off a Cayman and enjoy the pleasures inside. :hilarious:

Sounds like there should be a blonde with big hooters in that joke somewhere...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Enjoyed your pix sitting here watching the snow fall. Those do look like great roads. Once they throw the crap down on our roads I'm afraid the CS will be in hibernation for quite some time (like March!)

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
I love West Virginia. Did a roadtrip to Snowshoe resort over the labor day and the roads were just terrific in the area. Unfortunately that trip was in an SUV, since family and a dog don't fit well into 981 :)

View attachment 53304 View attachment 53305 View attachment 53306 View attachment 53307 View attachment 53308 View attachment 53309

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Better hope your boss is not on this forum or you may end up having a lot more time on your hands to drive your car.
What's a "boss"? :dance:

Reactions: jhthornley

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Wow, it's SNOWING in DC right now.... crazy!
What a difference 24-hours makes.... Yesterday, it was 58 degrees and sunny. The hell with work, if the weather is nice and sunny... Carpe Diem.
snow.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been to SnowShoe many times. I love that drive, the skiing is not bad (for east coast that is).

I love West Virginia. Did a roadtrip to Snowshoe resort over the labor day and the roads were just terrific in the area. Unfortunately that trip was in an SUV, since family and a dog don't fit well into 981 :)

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
I love West Virginia. Did a roadtrip to Snowshoe resort over the labor day and the roads were just terrific in the area.
Ditto that T-Design (and 6MT 981S as well),

Spent 3 days with LG in same area and on same roads. Good drives :dance::drivingskid::burnout: all around area. Took the Cass RR steam train to top of Bald Knob Mtn. A must do ride (but bring ear plugs for trip down - squealing brakes :().

IMG_1236.jpg

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Dry roads, mild temperatures, and sunny skies ... brings back so many memories.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
I've been to SnowShoe many times. I love that drive, the skiing is not bad (for east coast that is).
Not sure about skiing... Looked pretty boring for advanced skier. But beautiful mountains, and some roads in the area are on par with the Dragon itself!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts