·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Great write up!

Fortunately for me, visor stickers have never bothered me much.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice! Excellent instructions MB! Thanks for the pdf. It is now safely ensconced in my Porsche file on my PC for when my GTS arrives.

I wouldn't expect denatured to hurt vinyl or cloth. Will it affect leather if it gets on your seat, wheel, or dash?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks...not sure if it would hurt anything if dripping down - but no need to chance it.

The big learning here is after the initial soak, use your thumbnail to scratch the sticker off - much easier and faster than using tweezers. Keep it wet, move fast. Work in small sections - soak for a minute - scratch - repeat.

It look ALOT better without the stickers, they are very distracting to me. I still have to do the passenger side...you tell me which side looks better/cleaner!

Vehicle Car Mode of transport Personal luxury car Auto part

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
A better mousetrap (search is your friend):

Alcohol does work very well on 981.
1. Make sure you get the very strong medicinal/cleaning alcohol from the drugstore.
2. Wet the paper towel thoroughly and put it on the visor/label
3. Put a plastic bag around the visor and tape it tight, so alcohol doesn't evaporate.
4. In 10 minutes - take the label off, in one piece.
Original 2013 post.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Step by step for removing airbag warning stickers from sunvisors

View attachment 64149
There are also many other PLANET-9 threads dealing with the issue offering similar advise but maybe with some alternative pics and suggestions. Search herein or google issue.

:cheers:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Post updated to reflect the better method as suggested. Wrapping the visor allowed for one piece sticker removal.

For those posting that this information is already out there...do a search...that is fine - but many times it is like searching for a needle in a haystack, there are conflicting methods and suggestions depending on which of the 50 posts you are reading.

My goal was to make a definitive DIY - I thought that was the purpose of this forum.

Reactions: KEPetersen

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
Post updated to reflect the better method as suggested. Wrapping the visor allowed for one piece sticker removal.

For those posting that this information is already out there...do a search...that is fine - but many times it is like searching for a needle in a haystack, there are conflicting methods and suggestions depending on which of the 50 posts you are reading.

My goal was to make a definitive DIY - I thought that was the purpose of this forum.
Yes, sometimes it's very tricky to find things on this generously posted forum. I protest people lecturing other people for making effort and posting DIY. But it's cool to see I've done it first! :) It was such an eyesore! I simply don't understand why they have to glue those stinking stickers with gorilla glue, instead of nice easily removable kind... sucks

:cheers:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Has anybody tried using Goo Gone in place of alcohol? I had some luck using it to get the visor stickers off a Vette. The Goo Gone won't evaporate as quickly, and was harmless on the Vette visors. These Porsche stickers look to be a little tougher to get off, and was just curious if anyone had tried the Goo Gone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used this article to remove visor labels last weekend. IMO this is the simplest most straightforward method of the several posts on the subject on this and other forums. 2015 981C. Worked like a charm. After the labels came off residue of adhesive remained on the visors. Found that the circular rubbing with alcohol was taking too long and switched to Goo Gone, which did the trick. Subsequently cleaned again once more with alcohol, then mild soapy water. After a couple hours applied Griot's Vinyl and Rubber dressing and the visors look as they should have without the big brother sticker. Long yes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have removed my stickers. i hated those damn things and agree that they should be easier to remove. no looking back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts