Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
121 - 140 of 140 Posts

· Super Moderator
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
I was afraid that was the answer!

Shawn in VA (USA)
I did only do it with water when I conducted the experiment. Would be easy to get the fluid moving by using a vacuum bleeder and then let gravity take over once it gets moving. Or just use a vacuum bleeder for all of the additional fluid removal using the bent hose.

· Registered
874 Posts
I did only do it with water when I conducted the experiment. Would be easy to get the fluid moving by using a vacuum bleeder and then let gravity take over once it gets moving. Or just use a vacuum bleeder for all of the additional fluid removal using the bent hose.
I guess I’ve had worse …. Hoping to do the first fluid flush on Friday, finally

Shawn in VA (USA)

· Registered
34 Posts
How did you and @jjrichar get the siphoning to start with the bent tube into the pan hole? 🤯
I used a cheap syringe, which next time I will also use to top up the PDK fluid when the engine is running because you don’t need much and it will be easier to handle.

Attachments

· Registered
874 Posts
It is 000-043-305-13. I just checked my last Pelican Parts order. C.
Thanks for the research and prompt response. I was under the car and second guessing myself.

Got bother fluids swapped. Won’t be able to drive it for at leas a few day .

On the hunt for placemats at the Dollar Store I found these cheap “cutting boards” that did the trick.

Fluid looked pretty good to the naked eye.

Shawn in VA (USA)

· Registered
2014 Cayman S
264 Posts
This is what I’ve just used for my 2013 Boxster S PDK
I thought our 981 PDK fluid took FFL-3 fluid although I don’t know the difference in the FFL-4 that you used????
Jim

· Registered
34 Posts
This is the tube in action, siphoning approx. an additional 0.5ltr of clutch fluid from the pan.
In total you can remove around 3 ltrs with drain and Syphon. The set up I use to start the syphon process is per the photo. Jeff’s idea does work.

Attachments

121 - 140 of 140 Posts