Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bit the bullet and bought the TPC system.

The Barn out back
View attachment 11495

The parts
View attachment 11496

A pic from the garage where she sleeps
View attachment 11497

I got the kit the day before xmas and had to put it on the shelf. We started Saturday after xmas

My impression to this point of TPC is very favorable. We have about 25-30 hrs in the install(two guys about 10-15ea) and absent the ECU we are complete. I hear that after bribing the crew over at TPC with some Cowboy swag we will be getting the ECU back on Thursday.(hopefully they took my football trash talk in good spirits and don't give me the Valet tune).

This is my first Porsche and as much as I try I can't leave things alone so the turbo made perfect sense for me.

A big thank you to the previous DIY threads. They not only helped me make the decision to proceed but I can not tell you how many times we referred to them during the install.

Probably should also give big props to James (Partner in crime on this install)as he was along for the entire ride and certainly took care of the tight spots and trunk surfing that it takes to complete this build.

I will post more pics along the way. If you live around North Texas and are thinking about the Turbo from TPC please feel free to come check it out

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am in the Denton area. Just PM me if you want to check out the turbo. Weather permitting I will be at Cars and Coffee in January with the car

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ECU should arrive tomorrow. It will be the moment of truth if you will. I will be sure and report how things are when we get it on the road.

I think since the car is on the lift I am going to clay bar and glaze the car in the morning. Hopefully the Fed ex guy won't keep me waiting all day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Must be a common Christmas theme, I installed my TPC (non-intercooler) turbo kit last week in my 2006 Cayman S (Tiptronic). I'm southeast of Houston and anyone is welcome to come have a look at my install as well. The "tip" install is a bit more difficult because the transmission is a little larger making the already tight spots even tighter. Unfortunately we haven't had dry roads since I finished so I haven't been able to really "test" it yet but so far I can feel a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Must be a common Christmas theme, I installed my TPC (non-intercooler) turbo kit last week in my 2006 Cayman S (Tiptronic). I'm southeast of Houston and anyone is welcome to come have a look at my install as well. The "tip" install is a bit more difficult because the transmission is a little larger making the already tight spots even tighter. Unfortunately we haven't had dry roads since I finished so I haven't been able to really "test" it yet but so far I can feel a huge difference.
Congratulations on the speedy install Kermit! Post up some pics when you get a chance...we want to see your car!!!!

Enjoy the turbo, and have a Happy New Year!

Josh B
TPCRacing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like we will be waiting until Tuesday for the "moment of truth". Filled the inter cooler today. FYI the system holds a little under a gallon.

Everyone have a safe New Year

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
ECU should arrive tomorrow. It will be the moment of truth if you will. I will be sure and report how things are when we get it on the road.

I think since the car is on the lift I am going to clay bar and glaze the car in the morning. Hopefully the Fed ex guy won't keep me waiting all day.
I hope it will all go well, or has gone well....

I predict you will need new rear tires soon. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am in Colleyville and have been considering the turbo as a DIY. I am so glad to see someone locally has done this! When/Where is the "January Cars and Coffee, anyway? I'd love to swing by, hear the story, check the car out, and maybe (?) get a ride???? Looks awesome!

JC

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am in Colleyville and have been considering the turbo as a DIY. I am so glad to see someone locally has done this! When/Where is the "January Cars and Coffee, anyway? I'd love to swing by, hear the story, check the car out, and maybe (?) get a ride???? Looks awesome!

JC
I'm in C-ville, too. We should get together at some point.. maybe you're just around the block :)

Cars and Coffee™ Dallas

(Website says starting March 2010, C&C will be held on the 1st Sat of the month; does this mean there is no C&C for Jan & Feb?)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts