Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

DIY Turbo install in Texas

6K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  Casey@PorscheofSilverSpring 
#1 ·
I bit the bullet and bought the TPC system.

The Barn out back
View attachment 11495

The parts
View attachment 11496

A pic from the garage where she sleeps
View attachment 11497

I got the kit the day before xmas and had to put it on the shelf. We started Saturday after xmas

My impression to this point of TPC is very favorable. We have about 25-30 hrs in the install(two guys about 10-15ea) and absent the ECU we are complete. I hear that after bribing the crew over at TPC with some Cowboy swag we will be getting the ECU back on Thursday.(hopefully they took my football trash talk in good spirits and don't give me the Valet tune).

This is my first Porsche and as much as I try I can't leave things alone so the turbo made perfect sense for me.

A big thank you to the previous DIY threads. They not only helped me make the decision to proceed but I can not tell you how many times we referred to them during the install.

Probably should also give big props to James (Partner in crime on this install)as he was along for the entire ride and certainly took care of the tight spots and trunk surfing that it takes to complete this build.

I will post more pics along the way. If you live around North Texas and are thinking about the Turbo from TPC please feel free to come check it out

See less See more
#37 ·
Reality is I am a drag racer and have had some 10 second street machines. I have been to Eagles Canyon and find it to be a great venue.

I can not say enough about the tuning in this kit. It is a very mild mannered super hero.

I have built a few other forced cars and spent more time than I care to admit tuning after the mods. Data logging, tweaking fuel trims, fuel type, plugs, and making adjustments to compensate IAT's and on and on....

This tune is truly plug and play thumbs up TPC for delivering on the promise

I really was able to drive the car today and it hits hard and I can not find a flaw. I will continue to look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.