Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car PPI'd today at Porsche of Huntington here on Long Island for a fellow that might be buying the car, and when the guy came back with the print out of the DME and other associated docs, he said that it read no VIN, and that because of this they know that the car had been tampered with.

Now, I bought my car CPO from Porsche of South Shore, and I was assured the car was a creampuff, and had never been modified. I have yet to do anything to it myself...have wanted to, but just haven't been able to squeeze it.

Could the car have truly been modified/tuned? Should the car have still been certified? Should I have been made aware of this? I mean, this is potentially getting in the way of me selling the car, and it was something I was completely unaware about.

I confided in PoSS when they sold me a CPO car, that it would be just that, and I would have no issues with the car, especially if I tried to resell it.

I don't know, maybe this isn't a big deal, but I wanted to see what you all thought about this. Is this nothing? :crazy:

-Danny

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah I agree with above. Sounds like a glitch. I have a number of mods and a "custom tune" but the vehicle still displays the VIN and all other normal info when I'm for service.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like there is a glitch in the system. Did you ask them to pull the info again?
Yeah, they tried communicating multiple times and told me it kept coming up the same.

I just talked to my father who inspected my car for NYS inspection at his shop and told me it's definitely a glitch and shouldn't mean anything. He said that if the car was tampered with and had no VIN stored, when the NYS inspection machine communicates with the state, it would return a "VIN mismatch" and then proceed to fail the car, and the car passed with no issue.

I'd just like to see if there's anything that can be done so at least it displays normally so that the car doesn't have a proverbial "red mark" attached to it for the future owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.