Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose GTS and S are the same, but just in case. If I have a 20" wheel-GTS, can 18"s fit? Car has PASM if that matters. Not X73.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I use factory 18” for my winter tires. They clear the brakes, but without a lot to spare. OEM wheels might not if the spokes don’t flow the same way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's really down to "fit the wheel, hope the brake clears" - huh, I was hoping there was some universality... okay, I'll have to try. I imagine if the fronts fit then the rears will definitely right?

·
Registered
685 Posts
You didn’t give the widths or offsets, so assuming they are correct, then the rears would be fine. Mine are the correct offset and width for a 981CS, so it was true. 911 offset(ET) wheels need spacers. Other wheels can vary widely.

You need to provide all the relevant data for a less generic answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
510 Posts
If you have standard brakes, the standard 981/987 wheels/offsets will fit fine. With PCCBs you might have a clearance problem.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
So it's really down to "fit the wheel, hope the brake clears" - huh, I was hoping there was some universality... okay, I'll have to try. I imagine if the fronts fit then the rears will definitely right?
Look, did you try Tirerack dot com? They will show you all the wheels (not Porsche) that will fit. Including info on offsets necessary. I never heard on a forum that Tirerack sold and delivered something that didn't fit. People on forums regularly buy from there. So, take it for what it is. But I would give it a shot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, one noobie followup. When one is told "an offset necessary" that means that you might need to... buy a thing, that pushes out the wheel? is that it? good point on going and pretending I want the wheel and telling it the car I have. The original post was much more geared towards the experience of this community: "has someone used 18" (OEM) wheels on a GTS"

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have a 981S with PASM. The GTS has the same suspension geometry.

My track tires are mounted on 18" OEM 987 wheels - 5-spoke 18x8/18x9 style 98736213801.

I run slightly shorter/wider tires 245-275/40-18 on the track. There is plenty of clearance everywhere. Could easily go with OEM sizes 235-265/45-18, which is the recommended winter tire size. In fact you used to be able to order 18" winter tires/wheels from Suncoast, though I don't see them anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts