Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Your timing is impeccable. I took this picture to post in "what did you do your 981 today" and came back to find this post lol......

Yeah...Sh!t happens. I need a bomb kit too.

Bird Bomb.png

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 8oz bottle of Griot's Speed Shine stashed for just such an occasion.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Your timing is impeccable. I took this picture to post in "what did you do your 981 today" and came back to find this post lol......

Yeah...Sh!t happens. I need a bomb kit too.

View attachment 57784
Right then. I'll add this to my to-do list.

Funny you should post this pic today though. As I was washing the car, I took out my wind deflectors for the first time. Haven't put them back yet. It looks so nice and clean without... so long as the birds don't get to it. ;)

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Yup, I carry the Speed Shine and their microfiber cloths. Also a few plastic bags for the used clothes.

I like the Remington idea.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I have an 8oz bottle of Griot's Speed Shine stashed for just such an occasion.
Hey, I got the same kit. Make sure you have at least two microfiber towels since one might not be enough for some occasion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Two cloths. One cotton, one microfiber.
Water and Griot's Speedshine
If the bird droppings are dried or semi-dried, take the cotton cloth and soak it with water. Leave it on the droppings for 5 min (be patient). This will soften it up and make it easy to remove with the cotton cloth.
Then use the Speedshine and the microfiber to restore the luster to the finish.
You can rewash and re-wax after cleaning when you get home.

·
Incurable Gearhead
964 Posts
Ditto here, except I always carry a small water bottle in the car, so I just use that along with a few strategically located microfiber cloths.
:)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
i use tissues which are useful for soaking/softening the dried up crud, and water... lots of water...

however, sometimes the birds have a bit of fun using my car for target practice - then its off to the car wash.
birds practising aim.jpg

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
i use tissues which are useful for soaking/softening the dried up crud, and water... lots of water...

however, sometimes the birds have a bit of fun using my car for target practice - then its off to the car wash.
View attachment 58002
Ugh! Is your real name Hitchcock?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
haha, unlucky day to park where the birds congregated after their buffet.
sometimes I swear they don't like me or my car....last night my neighbours must have thought I was nuts washing my car at midnight...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yep, microfiber cloth and quick detailer (Griot's) or waterless car wash (Meguiar's).

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
haha, unlucky day to park where the birds congregated after their buffet.
sometimes I swear they don't like me or my car....last night my neighbours must have thought I was nuts washing my car at midnight...
Not nuts. Perfectly sane in my book.

Reactions: eyeofthetiger
1 - 14 of 14 Posts