Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my brake calipers took wheels off and I saw this piece on top of the suspension right here, do you guys know what is this? Should I be concerned?
Input appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Can’t seem to get that number to pull any part up but it appears like a jounce,or bump, stop from the strut shaft. Did you buy the car new? Have you hit a place in the road hard enough to bottom out the car very hard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I should ask, is it hard or spongy?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Could possibly be a shipping bump block that they put on the struts to make the car less bouncy for shipping. Possibly why the part number isn’t on any dealer site.

Reactions: Genesis

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can’t seem to get that number to pull any part up but it appears like a jounce,or bump, stop from the strut shaft. Did you buy the car new? Have you hit a place in the road hard enough to bottom out the car very hard?

I bought the car new with drives fine, wonder if it just a part was left over by mistake. Finger crossed... Thank you for answering.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I bought the car new with drives fine, wonder if it just a part was left over by mistake. Finger crossed... Thank you for answering.
My bet is the shipping block that was broken when removed upon dealer PDI. Its only function is to limit suspension travel. It’s really the only explanation the part number doesn’t show up anywhere online. It’s an internal part that a customer would never buy. Might not hurt to call your dealer to confirm.

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
71 Posts

I got the part number to pull up on a google search but part of the 1000 page pet and no way I could see to narrow the search. Can you look on the opposite side of the car to see if you have the same part that is still attached?
Jim

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I got the part number to pull up on a google search but part of the 1000 page pet and no way I could see to narrow the search. Can you look on the opposite side of the car to see if you have the same part that is still attached?
Jim
Interesting...

PET online

Sunset Porsche PET

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Jim
And if it’s the shipping block, he’d know a long time ago it was still attached.

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
71 Posts
Interesting...

PET online

Sunset Porsche PET

My bad. I need new glasses ...I thought the 347 was 343 in the part number.🤓
14EB8FB5-DC1F-4343-AA82-227B453C4A69.jpeg

Reactions: PG-IN and Genesis

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is nothing on the opposite side of the piece. Thanks for answering.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts