Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I swap this DSCF1538e.jpg and this DSCF0558e.jpg for this GT4.jpg ...

I've begun the bedding in process by covering the gorgeous S so that the image slightly dissolves in the course of time. It's the rear wing I'm concerned about! I've got an October build and a wife who is no petrolhead - she didn't notice the last time when I swapped the R8 V8 for the R8 V10!!!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Doubt anyone would know. But I can tell you most of my friends' wives don't notice when they do something similar hahaha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a distinct possibility, but she made a really convincing job of thinking that I had bought the R8V10 some 18 months before it actually came out. I had specced the same wheels, colour, debadge but there was a large moniker on the engine and a smaller one on the speedo which sort of gave the game away. Nevertheless on a 10 day trip round the Alps in the company of a few other R8's, she was blissfully unaware....I think!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Had to chuckle when i read the thread title haha

Maybe just say you are planning on getting a new spoiler for your car?

Let us know how you go!

Reactions: blanchy

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
That's a distinct possibility, but she made a really convincing job of thinking that I had bought the R8V10 some 18 months before it actually came out. I had specced the same wheels, colour, debadge but there was a large moniker on the engine and a smaller one on the speedo which sort of gave the game away. Nevertheless on a 10 day trip round the Alps in the company of a few other R8's, she was blissfully unaware....I think!!
getting the same color and specs helps. If they were different, then you should write a book

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had to chuckle when i read the thread title haha

Maybe just say you are planning on getting a new spoiler for your car?

Let us know how you go!
This.

If you keep the same color, she probably won't notice. But she might notice all the Alcantara inside.

I just told my wife that I want one and this will be the fourth new vehicle since 2012. I asked her why there is no resistance from her. She said I'll just keep nagging her, so she doesn't want to bother saying no now since eventually I'll nag her to death and she'll give in.

The down side is when she wants any jewellery or handbags from now on, I can't say no!

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
I went to the dealership "just to look". I ended up making a deal on a 2014 Cayman S. I was talking on my cell phone to USAA about insurance when I got cut off. USAA didn't have my cell number so they called my home number.

My wife asked the USAA rep, "Is he buying a new car?"

There was a long pause and the rep said, "You didn't know?"

My wife gave the USAA rep my cell number but I had some explaining to do when I got home. :eek:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I went to the dealership "just to look". I ended up making a deal on a 2014 Cayman S. I was talking on my cell phone to USAA about insurance when I got cut off. USAA didn't have my cell number so they called my home number.

My wife asked the USAA rep, "Is he buying a new car?"

There was a long pause and the rep said, "You didn't know?"

My wife gave the USAA rep my cell number but I had some explaining to do when I got home. :eek:
I hope the USAA rep was a guy. I'm imagining the dilemma he faced as he tried to abide by the Bro Code and cover for you.

·
Registered
850 Posts
You will need a new car cover. But, u know what they say. Happy wife = happy life :cheers:

when I swap this View attachment 59748 and this View attachment 59749 for this View attachment 59750 ...

I've begun the bedding in process by covering the gorgeous S so that the image slightly dissolves in the course of time. It's the rear wing I'm concerned about! I've got an October build and a wife who is no petrolhead - she didn't notice the last time when I swapped the R8 V8 for the R8 V10!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
This.

If you keep the same color, she probably won't notice. But she might notice all the Alcantara inside.

I just told my wife that I want one and this will be the fourth new vehicle since 2012. I asked her why there is no resistance from her. She said I'll just keep nagging her, so she doesn't want to bother saying no now since eventually I'll nag her to death and she'll give in.

The down side is when she wants any jewellery or handbags from now on, I can't say no!
Aaah. First world dilemmas again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts