Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they will stop offering trunk money when the 1.9% finances finishes, since according to some, right now they get one or the other.

Just wondering if I need to rush to the dealership or if this will be extended.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Does anyone know if they will stop offering trunk money when the 1.9% finances finishes, since according to some, right now they get one or the other.

Just wondering if I need to rush to the dealership or if this will be extended.

Thanks everyone!
I thought this deal only applied to 2009's?

·
Registered
607 Posts
It's either the trunk money or 1.9% when buying... not both.

As far as leasing, you can keep the trunk money and get an high money factor (around .0032)... or negotiate the lowest price without it and get a much lower money factor (.00146). On expensive cars such as a Porsche, the lower money factor usually works best, unless you plan on putting a whorde of cash down at the start, never a good thing to do with leasing as there is no ownership interest in the car. So if you total it, there goes your deposit.

These offers only apply to 2009 cars. As far as the deadline, they keep extending it. It was supposed to end around September 30, but it is still going on due to the weak economy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes - i am looking into getting an '09, but just wanted to know if there was a deadline for the trunk money since I notice there is a deadline for the 1.9% on Jan 4.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It's either the trunk money or 1.9% when buying... not both.

As far as leasing, you can keep the trunk money and get an high money factor (around .0032)... or negotiate the lowest price without it and get a much lower money factor (.00146). On expensive cars such as a Porsche, the lower money factor usually works best, unless you plan on putting a whorde of cash down at the start, never a good thing to do with leasing as there is no ownership interest in the car. So if you total it, there goes your deposit.

These offers only apply to 2009 cars. As far as the deadline, they keep extending it. It was supposed to end around September 30, but it is still going on due to the weak economy.
I got BOTH in Septmeber. They initally said no as I walked for the door they said wait I'll check... Push harder.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I hate to sound negative, but either your dealer made a big mistake, or your initial deal was so horrible for the buyer that your dealer had a lot of room to wiggle once you started walking out the door. I spoke with 3 dealers when I leased my C2S a month ago... even the leasing forums all said the same thing, no combination.

Ask any dealer that knows what they are doing, the trunk money and reduced financing do not go hand in hand. I just went through this. Every dealer can sell a car at whatever price they want, but with all else being equal, the trunk money and reduced financing rates don't combine.

If you go on ebay, you will see brand new 09 Carreras listed up to 20K below MSRP... feel free to call them up and say you want the 1.9% financing and you will see the 20K discount be reduced by a huge amount.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I hate to sound negative, but either your dealer made a big mistake, or your initial deal was so horrible for the buyer that your dealer had a lot of room to wiggle once you started walking out the door. I spoke with 3 dealers when I leased my C2S a month ago... even the leasing forums all said the same thing, no combination.

Ask any dealer that knows what they are doing, the trunk money and reduced financing do not go hand in hand. I just went through this. Every dealer can sell a car at whatever price they want, but with all else being equal, the trunk money and reduced financing rates don't combine.

If you go on ebay, you will see brand new 09 Carreras listed up to 20K below MSRP... feel free to call them up and say you want the 1.9% financing and you will see the 20K discount be reduced by a huge amount.

Maybe I am misunderstanding "Trunk money" I purchased an 08 Cayman S at a great discount and 1.9 I don't care what the company calls it, I got a deal that was unbelievable. This was in Sept, I am sure things have changed. I am sorry if I misled or caused any confusion to anyone. I guess I was in the right place at the right time.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Maybe I am misunderstanding "Trunk money" I purchased an 08 Cayman S at a great discount and 1.9 I don't care what the company calls it, I got a deal that was unbelievable. This was in Sept, I am sure things have changed. I am sorry if I misled or caused any confusion to anyone. I guess I was in the right place at the right time.
It's all just smoke on mirrors on Porsches' part,...."trunk money", "1.9", etc.

You can get a great discount and 1.9% on all the '09s if your serious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tom...you are joking right? :) I drive up and down the 405 everyday to go to work. Next time you see me, honk or wave lol.

David

·
Registered
64 Posts

I have to agree here...this wasn't the offer available back when i bought my cayman, but i was still able to negotiate my cayman down a substantial amount and get 2% financing. Work the dealer and don't give in, that's the trick to getting a good deal as your salesman makes no money if someone else in his dealership picks up the sale he could've had. The only time i budge is when i've found a truly unique or special car that i would rather not give someone the opportunity to snatch up while i haggled over a few thousand dollars.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
>>>I guess I was in the right place at the right time.

Perhaps . . . but, having visited 6 dealers in the area . . . . I really thank you for turning me on to your dealer. They are, bar none, the most cordial among all I've visited with. I'm in the "I could care less about when" mode and they do a great job of keeping in touch.

Anything even remotely similar to your deal pops up . . . I'd buy that day.

Most significant is that I don't feel like a pain in the *** because I am not buying that day when I visit the dealer.

P.S. - Funny side story is that they are also interested in motorcycles (not to sell, but as hobbyists) and are enjoying watching what Erik Buell and I are up to at the moment. :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
>>>I guess I was in the right place at the right time.

Perhaps . . . but, having visited 6 dealers in the area . . . . I really thank you for turning me on to your dealer. They are, bar none, the most cordial among all I've visited with. I'm in the "I could care less about when" mode and they do a great job of keeping in touch.

Anything even remotely similar to your deal pops up . . . I'd buy that day.

Most significant is that I don't feel like a pain in the *** because I am not buying that day when I visit the dealer.

P.S. - Funny side story is that they are also interested in motorcycles (not to sell, but as hobbyists) and are enjoying watching what Erik Buell and I are up to at the moment. :)
Hi court:
I truly believe that my deal may not be seen again on a Cayman for a long time. I recently saw an 07 CS go at auction for more than I paid for my 08 CS new. From what Bill at the dealership said you can now do that on a 911...lots of cars around and a new 911 on the horizon they have plenty of 911's and are ready to deal. Bill called me last month to say "Hi" it has been 18 months since your pruchase. I have to get to new showroom I understand that it is nice.

I would love to hear what you & Eric are up to. Is it going to be released soon??? :burnout:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
>>>I have to get to new showroom I understand that it is nice.

It's incredible. The largest Porsche showroom in the USA . . if I heard correctly.

>>>I would love to hear what you & Eric are up to. Is it going to be released soon???

:)

If I told you . . . you wouldn't believe me. The 1190RS, there will be 100 built and they are a steal at about $40,000, has been homologated.

There will be some other interesting announcements in the near future . . . it's an entire different world dealing with folks in 9 countries, Investment Bankers, SEC regulators and attorneys and at the same time trying to meet USA DOT testing for EPA and acoustics as well as homologating for a number of countries and establishing a dealer network. Fun stuff. There was a great 60 minute video of Erik's appearance on the Craftsman Garage last week.

Of course . . the big news is that the James Tyler guitar he's been having built arrived a couple weeks ago right on his 61st birthday and in time for the band to take on tour in Europe. . . we're trying to keep busy for older retired guys.

Erik Buell Racing 1190RS Debuts at Indy - Motorcycle USA

I was ALMOST a Porsche owner this week . . . I haven't given up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts