Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I just received my new Durametric Diagnostic tool today and couldn’t wait to hook it up to my car. (1999 996 C2 6 speed, 58.5 k miles purchased used last July and my most prized possession.) I will soon do the 60k mile service myself. The tool shows no fault codes but says the car has 552 hours of operation. Divide that into the mileage and you get an average speed of 106 MPH. One would expect that mileage to equate to 1400 to 1500 hours of operation. SO … I assume the ECU/DME has been replaced 552 hours or operation ago.
I got a CarFax report when I bought the car and it says I’m the third owner. Does anyone on this forum recognize this car as one they used to own? A white 911 C2 6 speed, gray interior, (beautiful) originally sold in Charlottesville VA, owner moved to Raleigh NC. Other entries show service in Cary NC and Greensboro NC, sold at a dealer in Charlotte, NC and inspected/serviced several times in Asheville, NC (my favorite city BTW). I would love to hear from a previous owner and get some maintenance history.
If you used to own this car or might know a previous owner, please e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks for any help or information.

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
I just received my new Durametric Diagnostic tool today and couldn’t wait to hook it up to my car. (1999 996 C2 6 speed, 58.5 k miles purchased used last July and my most prized possession.) I will soon do the 60k mile service myself. The tool shows no fault codes but says the car has 552 hours of operation. Divide that into the mileage and you get an average speed of 106 MPH.
I know this is an old thread but it just happened to appear on the bottom of recommended threads to read so I clicked on it.

Wow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts