Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone still make a ducktail spoiler or does anyone know where I can get one? A lot of the companies from a few years ago don't seem to be making them anymore.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I installed a PDP Plastics ducktail on my 987.2 Cayman in February.

Try contacting Dave Sodergren at [email protected] (304) 446-2990.

Attachments

Reactions: Mlevere1992

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks rick178.

Our Spoiler is about twice the size of the OEM unit (photo shows stock yellow on top of a CF Spoiler) and is a simple direct replacement. No modifications are required to your car and you only need a few hand tools.

We also sell Side Vents for the 987.1 and 987.2 and Front Splitters for the 987.1

For anyone interested in our parts you can send a private message or it might be best to contact direct-

Precision Design Plastics
Rainier, WA USA
[email protected]

For payments we use PayPal. If you are an International customer currency conversion is handled direct through PayPal.
We do sell on eBay but with all the fees it much better to contact direct or through Planet 9.
Thanks,
Dave
2-3-2016 Comparison to OEM.JPG DBCayman 1.jpg Side Vents CF and Silver P9 11-13-2017.jpg P1010016.JPG

·
Senior Porsche Financier
733 Posts
I'd be a little leery of adding much rear wing as the nose gets light at speed ... w/o adding some front aero.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dave's the real deal...his spoiler hits the sweet spot...not too big, not too small!
FYI...A spoiler, by definition & function, does not add down force. It's function is to disrupt the air flow over the car from creating LIFT.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'd be a little leery of adding much rear wing as the nose gets light at speed ... w/o adding some front aero.
Dave's the real deal...his spoiler hits the sweet spot...not too big, not too small!
FYI...A spoiler, by definition & function, does not add down force. It's function is to disrupt the air flow over the car from creating LIFT.
Rehashing an older thread..

Doesn't plainsman have a point that these duck bill wings will increase downforce or reduce lift at the rear thereby adding to the floatiness of the front at speed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I have tried few route to get in touch with Dave or PDP, but no LUCK. Does anyone know if PDP still in Business? I wanted to inquire regarding Ducktail and Side Vent Scoop for my 08 Cayman aka 987. Please advise.

Thank you,
Eddie

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,841 Posts
Rehashing an older thread..

Doesn't plainsman have a point that these duck bill wings will increase downforce or reduce lift at the rear thereby adding to the floatiness of the front at speed?
I found that adding a PDP-style ducktail spoiler actually reduced front end lightness at high speed, without any change to the front end aerodynamics whatsoever, back when I used to regularly track my 2007 Cayman.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
607 Posts
I found that adding a PDP-style ducktail spoiler actually reduced front end lightness at high speed, without any change to the front end aerodynamics whatsoever, back when I used to regularly track my 2007 Cayman.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Good to know although I'm trying to understand how and why. Still trying to figure out camber info so no surprise I guess...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hi Eddie,

Sorry for delay, we have been swamped and catching up from the Holidays. I have replied to your email.

Thanks,

Dave
Precision Design Plastics
Rainier, WA USA
[email protected]
Hi Dave,

I tried searching Precision Design Plastics and can;t find your website. Appreciate a point for me to see what you have for a 987.2.

Do you also have any tests results and data to share on how the ducktail affects aero?

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been looking for a ducktail spoiler for my 987.1. It's not high on my Mods List but it's a nice distraction. Would like to see it available for purchase and not just on used cars for sale.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts