Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
In the name of curiosity, I am certainly interested in at minimum in installing the unit and conducting a review/article on the said modification. Put me down for 2nd in line please if my car is applicable for the Sprint Booster qualifications (I assume for Cayman's only?).

·
PCA Member
333 Posts
If it is still available I would love to have it .....Please :)

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmmmmm sounds like maybe I need to come up with some sort of competition for it. :). I've got an idea about having an installation and configuration article done on this unit since it is the new unit that is configurable, not the one shown in our articles section currently. So who wants to do an in depth article on it? :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'll do it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hmmmmmmm sounds like maybe I need to come up with some sort of competition for it. :). I've got an idea about having an installation and configuration article done on this unit since it is the new unit that is configurable, not the one shown in our articles section currently. So who wants to do an in depth article on it? :)
I can do an article ill do a few that links the whole thing together.
The install, the before and after and the feel after a few days with pics.

please le tme know

alex

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
K-Man S

I have been wondering ,does the sprint booster have any benefit to a car that already has Sport Chrono already ? Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Put me down as a candidate... I've been wanting to try one and would be glad to do a full article... pictures included.

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
I have one I am trying to find an owner for, please let me know if you are interested!
:cheers:
Thanks for the offer. I installed the new adjustable version last Thursday. It really makes a difference - - the car really responds to slight input from the right foot. The track setting (100%) is very good and not hard to adjust to.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ok I have come up with a way to sort out who is going to get the free sprint booster. Remember, whomever wins it MUST author a quality article about the installation and testing of the item, no exceptions. If you don't have a good quality camera and the time to do it, then please don't apply. :)

Now there will be a preliminary judging round for participants to be placed into the final drawing for the item. Here's how to enter the initial round.

1) Visit our FAQ, particular the one for the Cayman options.
2) Notice that some items have been updated in the last month or two, ignore those items other than to see what format they are in. Now notice that some of the items are not in the new format yet, we'll call these the candidate items.
3) Select an item that needs to be updated.
4) Post in this topic thread "claiming" that item, once you claim it, you must complete it within 5 days or you will forfeit that item.
5) Re-work that FAQ item in your favorite HTML editor and update it into the new format, using the proper colors, fonts, styles, pics, etc.
6) Submit the HTML for your completed item to me in email at the webmaster at planet-9.com account within 5 days of claiming the item you want to update.
7) If completed sucessfully you will gain an entry into the final prize drawing! The winner of the item will be chosen from all valid entries. If you are the only one to complete an FAQ item then you will win the prize, if 2 people complete FAQ items then you'll have a 50% chance of winning, etc. etc.

Please note I can answer questions about the FAQ format, but I cannot do the work for you. Doing the work of the FAQ item will be good practice for creating a quality article!

Selection of FAQ items can begin at midnight tonight (central time) (in about 20 minutes) and will continue for 1 week. After 1 week is up, the 5 day work time must run to allow for all submissions. I calculate that means the 1 week is up on Friday June 25th, and that the submissions have to be in by midnight CDT on June 30th.

I will draw a winner on July 1st!

Here are the sections that I show available for selection:
FULL LEATHER INTERIOR
CAYMAN INTERIOR COLOR CODES
PARK ASSIST
SEAT BELTS IN DEVIATED COLOR
SPORT SHIFTER - CLAIMED BY JFKJR33!
TPMS

- OK so that is 6 available, here's another option if we need more than those 6.
If there is an item missing from the FAQ, for example there needs to be an FAQ section on the PDK transmission, you can nominate a NEW item to cover as well. So that's at least 7. :)

Remember the items will be judged, so how can you get a good score?
A) Follow the new format
B) Update the FAQ item with NEW information, such as new pics, new topic links, new pricing or other information, don't just regurgitate the same FAQ item in the new format.
C) Ask me if uncertain about something, again I can't do it for you, but I can provide tips, recommendations, etc.

Looks like as of the edit to this post it is now midnight, so start claiming your topics! :)

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I claim the sport shifter.
NOt only did you claim it, but you turned in a pretty good first cut at the FAQ item for it as well! I sent you back some feedback on your submission since you still have time to fix it up.

I guess if no one else enters the contest but you, you've got it sewn up! :hilarious:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts