Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aa an avid reader on this forum, I know of 06 MY niggles like the rear hatch bumper up-grades, loose bolt in the clutch assemblies, oil streak in the window wells, etc.

My question is, does Porsche (or any other car manufacturer for that matter) learn from these experience and try to improve/eliminate these issues in future model year cars? Or once their assembly process, and parts sources, are in-place, the just keep building the cars exactly like MY1 for the entire production run of the model line? In another words, if I buy 07 or even 08 MY Cayman, can I realistically expect to see less of these issues?

Thanks for the education.

CP

·
Registered
54 Posts
The issues you see here (and in all forums) are often real but uncommon or not noticed by the vast majority of buyers. Manufacturers very often ignore these niggles for the life of the vehicle. BMW is an excellent example. There were a host of small and easily cured problems with the Z3 that began with the '96 model and continued all the way through the end of the run in '02. The great advantage of forums is that these issues can be pointed out and (often) fixed without much headache. BIG problems (like the self-destructing S54 engines in the M3s are addressed (eventually).

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
dont know about the clutch bolt thing.

my caymans dont have the noisy hatch prob.

the window streaking thing is not going to be fixed. every one of my 996c2, gt3, boxster s and cayman had that prob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts