Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching an episode of Teslanomics (hosted by Ben Sullins) a couple of weeks ago wherein he disclosed that his Tesla referral code had now been used 50 times and as such he was getting a free $250,000 Tesla Roadster Founders Edition car from Tesla. For those who don't know about Tesla referral codes, once you become a Tesla owner you are given a unique referral code from Tesla. If you tell a friend or neighbor or anyone really your code and they go buy a Tesla then you get credit for that referral and you get something from Tesla. For example on my first referral I earned a Tesla Radio Flyer children's electric car, valued at around $500, after the 2nd referral I got a Tesla high power wall charger and I think if I get one or two more referrals I get a set of 21" arachnid lightweight wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. Free. Installed at local Tesla service center for FREE. The person who buys the new Tesla also gets something for using a code, prior to October 31st is was $1,000 off the price, now it is FREE supercharging for the life of the car, it will probably change to something else after the 1st of the year. Well Ben runs a youtube channel and he talks about Tesla a lot and has his code displayed on his channel. It turns out 50 people used his code when ordering/buying a new Tesla and so his prize for 50 referrals is a brand new Tesla Roadster which sells for $250K! (although I'm guessing he has to wait until 2020 to get it).

This got me to thinking, what if Porsche did the same thing, how many sales have I and this website influenced?

I went back and found a couple of old polls on the subject, check them out:

http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-and-boxster-chat/30229-sources-influence-why-did-you-buy-cayman.html

http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-and-boxster-chat/4926-poll-cayman-club-influence.html

Either poll separately shows that this site has played a great deal of influence in driving Porsche sales, particularly of Caymans and to a lesser degree Boxsters and other Porsche models. Taken together the number is even higher. Certainly the number is at least 50, it might be 500.

So Porsche, where is my FREE 918 Spyder? or maybe I should settle for a FREE 911 GT2 RS?

You know what I've gotten from Porsche? 1 courtesy windshield replacement that I was made to feel guilty for receiving. Yep, that's it! If you don't count the free sales brochures in the mail for cars I don't want. :) Maybe I should have set up a Tesla website back in 2005 instead? :) Anyway, just something to think about and wonder what could have been...

BTW for anyone wanting to buy a Tesla, please use my code, it is Referrals | Tesla Get FREE Supercharging for LIFE!

·
Registered
607 Posts
So Porsche, where is my FREE 918 Spyder? or maybe I should settle for a FREE 911 GT2 RS?

You know what I've gotten from Porsche? 1 courtesy windshield replacement that I was made to feel guilty for receiving. Yep, that's it! If you don't count the free sales brochures in the mail for cars I don't want. :) Maybe I should have set up a Tesla website back in 2005 instead? :) Anyway, just something to think about and wonder what could have been...

BTW for anyone wanting to buy a Tesla, please use my code, it is Referrals | Tesla Get FREE Supercharging for LIFE!
Well...Porsche is a for-profit company, so... ;)

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I think you’ll get a free book extolling the virtues of the next Porsche they want you to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: K-Man S

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
You wont get anything because there was no prearranged agreement. I would have bought my car with or without this forum, however, I spent an additional $7,900 on options for my 981 as a direct result of comments and recommendations from forum members here on planet-9. It's a great place here.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have any idea if this could be used after a reservation is made but before the actual purchase?
Yes absolutely, you can update your info and give the code when it comes time to do your paperwork and pay for the car. I don't know if the code applies to model 3's, might just be S and X models only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
512 Posts
I was watching an episode of Teslanomics (hosted by Ben Sullins) a couple of weeks ago wherein he disclosed that his Tesla referral code had now been used 50 times and as such he was getting a free $250,000 Tesla Roadster Founders Edition car from Tesla. For those who don't know about Tesla referral codes, once you become a Tesla owner you are given a unique referral code from Tesla. If you tell a friend or neighbor or anyone really your code and they go buy a Tesla then you get credit for that referral and you get something from Tesla. For example on my first referral I earned a Tesla Radio Flyer children's electric car, valued at around $500, after the 2nd referral I got a Tesla high power wall charger and I think if I get one or two more referrals I get a set of 21" arachnid lightweight wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. Free. Installed at local Tesla service center for FREE. The person who buys the new Tesla also gets something for using a code, prior to October 31st is was $1,000 off the price, now it is FREE supercharging for the life of the car, it will probably change to something else after the 1st of the year. Well Ben runs a youtube channel and he talks about Tesla a lot and has his code displayed on his channel. It turns out 50 people used his code when ordering/buying a new Tesla and so his prize for 50 referrals is a brand new Tesla Roadster which sells for $250K! (although I'm guessing he has to wait until 2020 to get it).

This got me to thinking, what if Porsche did the same thing, how many sales have I and this website influenced?

I went back and found a couple of old polls on the subject, check them out:

http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-and-boxster-chat/30229-sources-influence-why-did-you-buy-cayman.html

http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-and-boxster-chat/4926-poll-cayman-club-influence.html

Either poll separately shows that this site has played a great deal of influence in driving Porsche sales, particularly of Caymans and to a lesser degree Boxsters and other Porsche models. Taken together the number is even higher. Certainly the number is at least 50, it might be 500.

Sounds like a pyramid scheme ... oh, it's Tesla. So it is a pyramid scheme ... ;)

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Damn, they beat me to it.

I was going to say : just be happy that Porsche is not currently suing your for one thing or another... That's their usual way of saying thank you :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts