Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is an X73 car, and for the time being, I can't see myself running anything stickier than the MPSS.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, brother.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's really something.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
It's pretty impressive. I guess Porsche AG did test this one out properly before throwing these oil pans into the Turbo and GT4. I'm sure a true dry sump setup would still be safer, but for practical purposes I'm not really concerned.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah, all of that warranty speak stuff about oil starvation is supposed to scare you into buying OEM tires and driving 10 and 2 in a straight line. In all seriousness, I think you're good to go if you want stickier tires.

·
Registered
346 Posts
With all the track days I've run in the last year as well as others on P-9, if it was going to happen, it would have happened already. I don't recall anyone posting an engine oil starvation issue.

Oil cooling however is another thing. I ran Sebring this past weekend and I regularly get my oil to 270-277 deg. F on a ambient track day temp of 95F. I just change the oil more frequently.

·
Vendor
707 Posts
For data you have our 4 years of racing, you have Interseries cars, you have the ST 987.2 cars with the 2.9L motors that run now, all with this system.

Oil temps as Dave mentioned are another story. Essentially that can be boiled down to the differences between 911s and Caymans. The mid engine platform struggles to be able to keep engine bay heat from heat-soaking everything else. The 911 has an advantage here but the most ideal setup for this is a front engine car whose nose is out in the fresh air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
With all the track days I've run in the last year as well as others on P-9, if it was going to happen, it would have happened already. I don't recall anyone posting an engine oil starvation issue.

Oil cooling however is another thing. I ran Sebring this past weekend and I regularly get my oil to 270-277 deg. F on a ambient track day temp of 95F. I just change the oil more frequently.
I just ran HPR in 102 track temps, no humidity, plus altitude and my oil briefly hit a high of 288 during one session, but was mostly in the 275 - 278 range. I change both the engine and diff oil same time around 15 - 18 track hours depending on conditions. When the car has been running in the above conditions, I shorten the cycle a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts