Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new armrest/bin cover and I am looking for tips on removing the current armrest. Does the door panel need to be removed to get it out or is there a simple trick?

Thanks,

Randall

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just open the cover and you will see 8 small, hex head screws.
The 2 closest to the hinges are the toughest to get to.
Releasing these is all that's all that's needed to change out one cover to another.
The skeleton remains intact.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I may not have been clear. I am talking about the door armrest that hinges up to reveal a small storage area. There must be a trick to getting it off without disassembling the entire door panel.

Randall

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've looked into this myself as I wanted to buy Aluma-look lids and install them in black of the ones I have. I have a copy of the shop manual and the only way I could find to change lids was to take off the entire door panel to do so. Too much work IMO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That is what I was afraid of after I got the parts and took a good look. Could you post a photo of the page (or PM it to me)?

Randall

·
Registered
154 Posts
Could you post a photo of the page (or PM it to me)?

Randall
Sorry, I'm separated from both the Boxster and the shop manual until about 1 May. You might try a search looking for anything that has to do with door panel removal. Speaker removal and such.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I read that one, too bad there isn't a photo of the back side of the door panel.

Randall

·
Registered
93 Posts
You know, it's funny. I've owned my 987 for a couple of years now, and I never knew those door compartments were there until last night when watching a YouTube video on door panel removal. I guess the ol' girl still has a few secrets. First thing this morning I went out and checked to see if the PO had hidden anything good in there. Nope.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Old post but any updates to this? There has got to be a way to take that door armrest top pad off with taking to door panel off which still would not separate the pad from the assembly. Underneath are those 5-6 rubber bumpers and I thought after removing one I would feel a torx screw underneath and that is how the pad would come off. Don't feel/see anything. Gotta be a way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts