Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Door Handles for Door strap: GT4

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Seinsmeld13 
#1 ·
Has anyone had their GT4 door straps replaced (whether by the factory or dealer) with OEM door handles?

If so, how were your results.

Curtis

#4 ·
The part that is the most difficult (and it's really not that hard) is that the outer plastic panel that the straps fit into is heat molded onto the door card. Now, if you're careful, it can be dremeled away and replaced with screws. I've personally done it before but, here's the kicker: they don't sell that plastic panel part separately. They make you buy an entire new door panel!

Here is mine that I've drilled away the heat molding.
Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive window part Metal

For you to do it at a reasonable cost, you'd need to find someone to remove and swap those panels (and other parts probably) with you that has removed them the same way so it can be reattached easily with screws. Oh, and they need to be panels that need to match whether you have saved seat memory buttons or not. So, find someone who wants straps instead of metal handles. Should be easy enough to find. I would even think local to you so you can compare door cards and make sure all the other parts will work.

Good luck and if you decide to attempt it Email me and I'll give more details on the screw attachment, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.