Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I may have an unique issue. I was replacing the interior door mechanism for my 2006 CS. The original one had an issue with the spring and would not pull the door handle back in and was loose. I ordered the new part and attempted to install it. It appeared to be fine, but when I closed the door with the new mechanism I can no longer open the door from the inside or outside. I have tried to unlock the doors with the remote and key. Since the door is shut I cannot take it apart and look at it further. Has anyone had the same issue before? Is there a way to open the door that I do not know of?

thx

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man reading through the post and it sounds a lot like what I'm seeing. I'm going to PM the original poster and see if he has any suggestions.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just replaced the spring loaded bracket on Cabluey while waiting on the crankshaft to come back from the shop. Boiler Inspector gifted me the parts. The cable is different from the old and was such a pain, I changed only the broken piece by disassembling the spring bracket gizmo. There's a post somewhere advising to move the leg of the spring to the side of the tab nearest the pivot point. I moved mine there and it lines up more perfectly, plus it reduces the leverage the spring has on that little plastic arm (which is what breaks). The way it arrives to you is not assembled engineeringwise 100% correct, but since it will operate that way and maybe take a few years before failure, they use that assembly method as it's less labor. Best of Luck! I don't know if there's any way a slim jim can get at that thing because Porsche:(s have defensive parts in there to prevent it. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts