Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

DOT R tire help for Autocross and Hillclimbs - A6/A7 sizes?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Grant 987.2 
#1 · (Edited)
Im having a tough time figuring out what fast DOT R setup will work on my 2010 CS for Autocross. I have a set of 18x8.5 front and 18x10 rear Enkei wheels. I have a vareity of spacers so can space everything ok but finding optimum fast DOT R tire seems difficult. What sizes are people running without issues of running on stock suspension in front? I tried a 275/35/18 BFG RS1 and it was rubbing on the bottom of the spring perch (tire too tall) and was rubing front fender skirt. I also hate the BFG on narrow wheels - they have overly soft sidewalls and the compound still isnt as good as hoosier A6/A7 for cooler venues I frequent.

Hoosier seems to be inbetween A6 and A7 on our sizes. I could do 295/30/18 rear and 255/35/18 front in A7. I think ideal size would be 265 front but doesnt exist and afraid 275/35/18 is too tall. Is the 295/255 A7 fast setup now? Help! I want to run with ASP EVOS but feel im at real disadvantage with tires available to me.

#2 ·
Re: DOT R tire help

You need to be more specific in your title. There are those that AX and then there are those that track. From reading on here that means 2 different tire sizes. I looked at your thread based on track. Therefore I can't help you - not being a mind reader. Sorry.

#3 ·

You need to be more specific in your title. There are those that AX and then there are those that track. From reading on here that means 2 different tire sizes. I looked at your thread based on track. Therefore I can't help you - not being a mind reader. Sorry.
And then there are those of us who Hillclimb. Not asking for mind reading services just a good Autocross/Hillclimb setup using stock struts and 18x8.5 front wheel and 18x10. Thanks!

#6 ·

You need to check the actual tread size. The 255-35 is at least as big as most 265's and generally everyone in road racing is using the 285-30. The 295 is taller and not as wide. The 255/285 is a very good combo.

#7 ·

You need to check the actual tread size. The 255-35 is at least as big as most 265's and generally everyone in road racing is using the 285-30. The 295 is taller and not as wide. The 255/285 is a very good combo.
Yeah I checked size however Hoosier doesn't make 285 in A7 yet. Word from Hoosier is that they won't for couple more months until they sell excess inventory of 285s. I didn't want to mix two different tires A6 rear and a7 front. So will run 295 short term.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.