Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
double bad luck last week.

l lowered my driver's side window as usual and heard a loud clang and various rattling noises coming from within the door.
glass was already down and couldnt go back up.

on the way back home, heard a crack sound on the front screen and when got home car looked fine. In the light of day, noticed a 4-5 inch crack along the front windscreen.
a day later the crack grew another 3 inches. lucky my sales advisor recommended windscreen insurance cover.

WP_20150227_09_18_45_Pro.jpg

Window problem was traced to a faulty window regulator mechanism (the white plastic piece broke and damaged the cable - also holds the springs and winder/cable mechanism).
The regulator is replaced as one set.

here is a picture of the damaged unit. cost around 500USD to replace including labour and installation.
WP_20150225_11_28_09_Pro.jpg

Found a windscreen panel workshop to replace the screen as the crack had gone through the first layer.

WP_20150227_10_06_39_Pro.jpg
the antenna connector cable to the screen is in the front lower right corner of the screen (right hand drive model) in case anyone is looking for it :)
see the white clip and cable - which requires removal of the side pillar trim. Had to redo the 3M tint too.

WP_20150227_10_09_27_Pro.jpg WP_20150227_11_17_46_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not feeling the love today :(

i havent found any threads on similar regulator failures. is there any maintenance required?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Lemon, it did seem to take a lot of time to remove the door outer panel, inner panel, airbag, wiring harness, window glass, motor and adjust the window glass, reassemble it all back.

does anyone if LHD models have the windscreen antennae on the driver's side or on the right hand side as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts