Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum and new to Porsche. I just purchased a 2007 Cayman S with 60K miles on it from a "mini" dealership in ATL. (got bumper to bumper for the next 32K or 3 years to be safe). In driving back to my home in SC I took interstate and stayed steady at 70-85 MPH. I dont intend on being hard on this car, i want it to last a long time. I noticed however one issue that I wanted to ask the experts of the interwebs about. I was NOT in tiptronic mode and punched it just to see how much power i was dealing with in 4-5 gear. car took off like a bat out of hell (it really was nice) but then as i slowed it wouldnt down shift how it should have...it dragged out for a while in 5th down below 2500 RPM. Im wondering if this is normal, or a fail safe...or if i have a transmission or some other issue. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Since you were slowing down, it didn't have a reason to downshift, and stayed in 5th as a fuel-saving measure. If you had then floored it, it would have kicked down to a lower gear for better acceleration. Sounds to me like it is working as intended.

You don't mention if you have Sport Chrono - if you do and it was in Sport mode, the behavior would probably have been more like you expected.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Any car with a traditional automatic transmission that acts a little bit strange, I would guess that it needs a filter and fluid change, if it has never been done it is probable due.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.