Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with the 981 go with this option? I've only read threads were people said they may but have no follow up.

Please provide any experience. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
they're exhaust tips. The change in sound they make is minimal, the change in performance is also almost minimal. If you like the way they look, buy them,

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Dream2 might be the route I go, if it fits a base Boxster (unclear on website). Minimal improvement but also a minimally-invasive modification. Could turn out ideal for a daily-driven 981.

Looks? I'd actually prefer smaller tips, to keep it from looking to Civicesque.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hello payne296171,
The DREAM2 is more than just an exhaust tip. Both the DREAM1 and the DREAM2 incorporate curved radius which reduces the power robbing turbulence of the stock T arrangement. The merging of the exhaust results in a more mellow sound and provides a slight increase in performance. Many of our customers report an increase gas mileage. Please visit our website for more information: Porsche Boxster,S and Cayman,S fans, Welcome to BC Velocity Exhaust

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hello payne296171,
The DREAM2 is more than just an exhaust tip. Both the DREAM1 and the DREAM2 incorporate curved radius which reduces the power robbing turbulence of the stock T arrangement. The merging of the exhaust results in a more mellow sound and provides a slight increase in performance. Many of our customers report an increase gas mileage. Please visit our website for more information: Porsche Boxster,S and Cayman,S fans, Welcome to BC Velocity Exhaust
If you could post a picture of the dream2 on a 981 it would help me -- and maybe a few others -- in deciding.....

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Cool exhaust tips, but IMO reports of any change in performance, sound, or MPG is pure maddness. It's not going to happen.

i like the single exhaust on the base, but the problem comes from supposedly more pipe are marketed as more expensive car...kind of silly.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Cool exhaust tips, but IMO reports of any change in performance, sound, or MPG is pure maddness. It's not going to happen.

i like the single exhaust on the base, but the problem comes from supposedly more pipe are marketed as more expensive car...kind of silly.
Yeah, I personally don't believe the piping will increase performance to a noticeable degree, nor MPG, it may change the sound slightly though. This is just personal opinion, and should hold no credence, but it is to my belief; though they do look to be very nice exhaust tips.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I went from the stock single to the Fabspeed dual tips on my 2008 and if there is any difference in HP or MPG it is not noticable nor was it expected. However, the sound did become a little deeper/throatyer but not really louder. If it was louder it was one or two decibles. Fabspeed was kind enough to actually record and measure sound before and after. I actually prefer the resulting sound better and as a result end up driving with my window down just about every chance I get. Didn't happen before the "upgrade".:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts